A Number One Egg Bread
This makes all other egg breads look weak. I learned the recipe from two older ladies in Hawaii. This makes the best bread pudding and french toast imaginable. Try cutting it in chunks and dipping it in fondue---WOW!
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Stir in the yolks, 3 eggs, oil, sugar, and salt. Add about 3-1/2 cups of flour to make a sticky dough.
- 2Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead with remaining flour until smooth and elastic, about 7 minutes. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn to oil the entire surface of the dough. Cover with a damp cloth. Place in a warm place until double in size, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3Punch down the dough, and divide into 3 pieces. Roll each piece into a rope about 12 inches long. Braid the three strands together, and seal the ends. Place the bread on a greased cookie sheet. Beat the remaining 1 egg with a pinch of salt; brush onto bread. Let the bread rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush the bread with eggwash again.
- 5Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
This is a large, lovely egg bread, braided and sprinkled with sesame seeds. It's impressive on the buffet table at your next party.
This good bread is baked in a flower pot. Buy unpainted clay pots and test them to make sure that they are lead-free. There are inexpensive lead test kits available for sale at most hardware stores. You will also need to prepare the pots before baking in them.
This is a yeast bread that requires no kneading! A brief, vigorous mixing is sufficient for this simple white bread.
Flavorful, light sweet bread that is great by itself, or for french toast and summer sandwiches.
This a very simple recipe to make and a very flavorful one at that, I do believe that everyone will love it! You may use thawed frozen blueberries if fresh ones are unavailable.
A unique bread with a sweet flavor that makes a wonderful holiday gift! It takes about 4 hours to make, so allow yourself plenty of time.
Light yeast rolls.
A yeast doughnut coated with sugar.
This traditional Polish egg bread is wonderfully light with a slightly sweet flavor.
This is a simple recipe for Char-Siu Bau. A wok equipped with a stainless steel steam plate--a plate with holes to allow steam to pass--is required to make these tasty buns.
This may not be New York Pumpernickel, but it is the one we use at home.
This recipe includes directions for making lemon sauce, a perfect complement to a spicy bread pudding.
Bread Machine raisin bread - very quick, very easy, foolproof - a huge hit at my house!
Bread bowls from frozen bread dough. These are great. Serve these with a salad or a very thick soup.
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Pita Bread
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Ron's Fruit Bread
- Garlic and Herb Bread
- Jule Kaka
- Sticky Buns II
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Country Seed Bread
- High Flavor Bran Bread
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- Cherry Vanilla Chip Muffins
- Easter Bread Ring
- Herman Biscuits
- Blueberry Bread II
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins I
- Honey and Flaxseed Bread
- Onion, Garlic, Cheese Bread
- Steve's Whole Wheat
- Slovak Nut Rolls
- Panettone II
- Amish Cinnamon Bread
- Spiced Apple Muffins
- Whole Wheat Bread II
- Julia's Hot Cross Buns
- Whole Wheat Honey Bread
- Irish Soda Bread III
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- Quick and Easy Monkey Bread
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Italian Cheese Bread
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Oatmeal Bread II
- Maple Muffins
- Bread Machine Challah I
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Sausage Bread
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Oatmeal Bread III