Almond Crescent Buns
Breakfast or brunch bun with the added crunch of toasted almonds.
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (195 degrees C).
- 2Combine softened butter or margarine, brown sugar, flour, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Mix well. Spoon mixture into 12 ungreased muffin cups.
- 3Separate dough into 4 long rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Combine melted butter and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract; brush on dough. Sprinkle with nuts, and roll dough up jellyroll fashion. Cut each roll of dough into 3 slices. Place in muffin cups.
- 4Place muffin pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. When done, invert rolls immediately onto cooling rack.
- 5Combine confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Drizzle over hot rolls.
A delicious whole grain bread. It is my favorite bread of all time! It is for bread makers. You may substitute vegetable oil for flaxseed oil if flaxseed oil is unavailable.
This traditional Polish egg bread is wonderfully light with a slightly sweet flavor.
Hot cross buns! Hot cross buns!
This steamed bread is made with graham flour, a coarsely ground whole wheat flour. The cooking method makes it moist.
Tasty pizza crust! Dough may be frozen after being rolled out to use at a later date. Cover it with the toppings of your choice.
Slightly sweet whole wheat bread. Use stone ground flour if available. This is a very big recipe, you may want to divide it in half.
This bread is very good right out of the oven, or toasted. Dried blueberry's are hard to find and very expensive; try the Baker's Catalog. The expense is worth every bit!
This recipe for fougasse, the French version of the Italian focaccia bread, is topped with mixed herbs. The flat bread can be slashed to form shapes (a leaf, tree, or wheat stalk), or the slits can be cut to form a lattice, making the bread easy to pull apart.
This is an old Slovak recipe. In Slovak it is called Roshky. The rolls are filled with lekvar, a thick, soft fruit spread. This is an all day project. This recipe will make 7 or 8 twelve inch loaves, or some dough may be reserved for lekvar squares.
Quick and easy to make, oh so fruity, and very yummy!!
- Pita Bread
- Christmas Stollen II
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread
- Grill Dough
- Sausage Bread
- Yeast-Free Bread
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Irish Soda Bread III
- Favorite Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
- Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze
- Chili Bread
- Russian Black Bread
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Oat Bran Bread
- Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce I
- Basic British Scones
- Dark Rye Bread
- Quick and Easy Monkey Bread
- Panettone II
- Whole Wheat Honey Bread
- Kolaches II
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Banana Nut Bread II
- Chinese Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)
- Honey Bran Muffins
- Sourdough Wheat Bread
- Country Seed Bread
- Pan Dulce
- Baked Pretzels
- Special Banana Bread
- Applesauce Bread I
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Onion, Garlic, Cheese Bread
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Italian Cheese Bread
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- Herman Biscuits
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- Angel Biscuits II
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- Tomato Basil Sherry Bread