Apricot Cheese Loaf
A fruit-laden and slightly tart loaf. Excellent with tea or coffee.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- 2Pour boiling water over apricot pieces in a small bowl. Cool.
- 3In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and dates.
- 4In a large bowl, cream butter or margarine, cream cheese, and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Stir in cooled apricots and water. Pour in flour mixture, and stir until moistened. Turn batter into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until it tests done. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan to rack. Cool.
Apricots and apricot jam combine with orange juice, orange zest and raisins to make this bread dense with fruit.
This quick-bread recipe uses orange zest and fresh orange juice for extra-bright citrus flavors everyone will love.
This yeast bread is made with plenty of apricots accented with orange peel, honey and cardamom. It also has a little rye flour for added interest.
Old style cornbread that is baked in iron skillet and rises very little. Grainy, not cakey, texture.
Got this recipe from my mom. It is a pretty good recipe, and can be made with canned or fresh pumpkin. One half cup raisins may be substituted for the nuts.
This is a white yeast bread with a sweet poppy seed filling.
This is a great bread for coffee break. The dough can be made in the bread machine or by hand.
Moist, nutty, and delicious.
This our family favorite. The recipe was a gift from my best friend.
This recipe makes a loaf that is not the very heavy textured bread made from the book that comes with the bread machine.
A beautiful loaf to see and even more wonderful to eat.
This is an excellent flavor to choose from. Orange and cranberry flavors will be sure to put you in the holiday spirit. It tastes even better the next day.
- Pumpkin Tea Bread
- Basic Rye Bread
- Dr. Michael's Yeasted Cornbread
- Fancy Crescents
- Cardamom Bread
- Crispy Cheese Twists
- Yogurt Cornbread
- Breakfast Muffins
- Monkey Bread I
- Chocolate Date Loaf I
- Poppy Seed Bread II
- Sun Dried Tomato and Asiago Cheese Bread
- Yummy Lemon Bread
- Pumpkin Nut Muffins
- Blue Ribbon Overnight Rolls
- Blueberry Bread I
- Maple Twists
- Raisin Bread I
- Onion Bread I
- Blueberry Monkey Bread
- Fry Bread I
- Strawberry Bread I
- Beer Bread II
- Lemon Bread
- Dark and Sweet Rye Bread
- Banana Oat Muffins
- Challah I
- Bread Bowls I
- Butter Honey Wheat Bread
- Carolyn's Orange Rolls
- Uncle Wynn's Bread Machine Rye
- Peppy's Pita Bread
- Apple Scones
- Cracklin' Bread I
- Italian Bread III
- Chocolate Chip Orange Zucchini Bread
- Tea Biscuits
- Banana Wheat Bread
- Portuguese Fried Bread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pizza Dough I
- Grandma VanDoren's White Bread
- Soft Pretzels I
- Buttered Biscuits
- Sourdough Starter III
- Date Nut Bread
- Chinky's Puto Bread