Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
A quick banana bread for the bread machine. Use the DOUGH setting for mixing, then BAKE with the control set to light.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine.
- 2Select the Dough setting, and press Start. Mix the bread for 3 to 5 minutes until the bananas are mashed and all ingredients are thoroughly combined. If necessary, use a rubber spatula to push the dough from the sides of the bread pan. When 3 to 5 minutes have passed on the clock display, press Stop. Do not continue mixing. Smooth out the top of the loaf with the rubber spatula.
- 3Select the Bake setting, and press Start. The Bake cycle time may vary with machines, but should be about 50 minutes. To test the bread for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center top. Remove the toothpick. If the bread is done, the toothpick will come out clean. If there is batter on the toothpick, reset the machine on Bake and continue to bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Test again with the toothpick to ensure the bread is completely baked. Remove the pan from the machine, but allow the bread to remain in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the bread to cool completely on a wire rack.
Half the measuring is done for you because this recipe calls for a baking mix (e.g. Bisquick). Just add the moist ingredients and nuts, mix and bake.
This is a bread machine recipe for classic banana-nut bread.
This is so good and reminds me of a real moist kind of a sweet quick bread. Everybody asks for the recipe: this bread is moist, and easy to make too. Note: If you are using frozen blueberries, you can thaw them in the microwave for about 3 minutes. However, you need to increase the amount of blueberries to 3/4 cup.
This is a big banana-nut loaf with a big banana taste. Baking powder gives extra leavening.
These moist, banana-dense nut loaves are delightfully spiced with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
This is a very pretty loaf with a light background. It's filled with the sweetness of glazed fruit.
Fresh fruit muffins, easily frozen or eaten any time of day. Try peaches, blueberries, strawberries, or my daughter's favorite--chocolate chips.
Italian fried bread dough is traditionally part of an Italian Christmas Eve celebration.
Wonderful no-yeast bread. Excellent with bar-b-ques!
This is the best zucchini bread I have made! I have other recipes, but this is the best! Thanks to my mother!
This makes all other egg breads look weak. I learned the recipe from two older ladies in Hawaii. This makes the best bread pudding and french toast imaginable. Try cutting it in chunks and dipping it in fondue---WOW!
The cream cheese contributes to the excellence of this loaf.
I have made plenty of sweet breads, and I always favored the Hungarian Coffee Cake and Swedish Tea Ring. This sweet dough recipe is my mother's, and this works out really well because it is an old recipe. I have also used others which were more recent and still turned out well, but this one is the best I have found. Use this recipe for the basis of your sweet breads.
This is a good recipe for low-salt white bread. Each loaf should make 16 slices, 105 calories per slice. I've found that in most recipes, you can decrease the sugar by 1/3 (i.e., 3 tablespoons would now be 2 tablespoons), the salt by 2/3 (1 tablespoon would be 1 teaspoon), and replace the shortening with vegetable oil. Each rising time will be 10-15 minutes shorter.
These biscuits are very easy to make and are very good.
- Tasty Buns
- Coconut Bread I
- Braided Egg Bread
- Zucchini Coconut Loaf
- Jalapeno Bread I
- Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
- Lemon Bread
- Fancy Crescents
- Boiled Bagels
- Bagels II
- Pina Colada Bread
- Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Bread II
- Alienated Blueberry Muffins
- Orange Buns
- Cornbread I
- Sunday Dinner Rolls
- Mom's Yeast Rolls
- Banana Coconut Loaf
- Seminole Pumpkin Bread
- Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Loaf
- Sy's Challah
- Flower Pot Challah Bread
- Butter Honey Wheat Bread
- Orange Loaf
- Blue Ribbon Overnight Rolls
- Zucchini Walnut Bread
- Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits
- Yummy Lemon Bread
- Pumpkin Bread II
- Raisin Bread I
- Nick's Favorite Cherry Pecan Bread
- Nana's Nut Bread
- Easy Banana Bread
- Sourdough Bread I
- Uncle Wynn's Bread Machine Rye
- Orange Juice Muffins with Honey Spread
- Pumpkin Bread I
- Cheddar Biscuits
- Pumpernickel Bread I
- White Bread For The Bread Machine
- Sourdough Starter I
- Zucchini Muffins
- Apricot Raisin Loaf
- Scottish Oat Scones
- Lower Fat Banana Nut Bread
- Unbelievable Rolls