Blueberry Anadama Bread
Delicious served spread with butter.
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, dry pack
- 1Stir cornmeal into boiling water. Stir in butter, molasses, and egg.
- 2Dissolve yeast in warm water (110 degrees F).
- 3When cornmeal mixture is lukewarm, stir in dissolved yeast. Beat in flour until a stiff dough is formed. Knead dough on a heavily floured board until smooth and elastic. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- 4Punch down and roll dough into a 10" square. Sprinkle blueberries over dough, pressing them into the dough. Roll up like a jelly roll. Tuck ends of roll under to seal ends and place seam-side down into a well-greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
- 5Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45-50 minutes. Turn out and cool on a rack. Cool thoroughly before cutting.
This recipe uses buttermilk refrigerator biscuits for a simple approach, and sweetened blueberries. The bread is crowned with a cooked blueberry sauce for total blueberry saturation.
This recipe makes a simple, sweet blueberry quick bread with walnuts. It yields one extra-large loaf, or two smaller ones.
Buttermilk makes an especially light batter for this yummy yeast bread. This recipe calls for dried blueberries, which may be found at larger or specialty grocery stores.
Add a little orange juice and orange zest to classic blueberry bread for a wonderful variation.
This bread machine recipe has the crunch of corn meal mixed with the bite of jalapeno peppers. Just right for a fiesta.
This makes a lovely tea bread, and is kneaded in the bread machine. You can also hand knead the dough.
This is a lower calorie quick bread that does not skimp on flavor. Buttermilk guarantees a moist crumb, too. Great for afternoon snack.
This is a delicious tea loaf, that cuts better the second day. Serve with a spread.
This is a fragrant and tasty bread machine recipe.
Yummy! Everyone's favorite - gooey, sticky, and rich.
Great addition to corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day.
A deliciously moist and tangy cranberry pumpkin bread.
This one is a quick recipe that merely involves mixing a few basic ingredients and patting the dough into the pan. No need to wait for the dough to rise with this approach.
This is a great bread recipe for your bread machine. It's easy and very good.
- Poppy Seed Loaf
- Brazilian Banana Bread
- Coconut Bread I
- Easy Focaccia
- Low-Cholesterol Blueberry Muffins II
- Butter Tart Muffins
- Cheddar Muffins
- Monkey Bread II
- Blue Ribbon Overnight Rolls
- Sourdough Starter III
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Garlic Cheese Biscuits
- Mall Pretzels
- Sweet Potato Pecan Waffles
- Luxury Loaf
- Monkey Bread III
- Persimmon Bread I
- Savory Onion Bread
- Chocolate Chip Orange Zucchini Bread
- Potato Rosemary Rolls
- Raisin Loaf
- Red Pepper Biscuits
- Honey Wheat Bread II
- Mom's Zucchini Bread
- Braided Egg Bread
- Jalapeno Cheese Bread
- Mocha Cream Bread
- Chocolate Wave Zucchini Bread
- Butter Honey Wheat Bread
- Mexican Style Cornbread
- Sweet Potato Bread I
- Monkey Bread V
- Pineapple Tangerine Bread
- Banana Oat Muffins
- Bishop's Bread I
- Cheddar Biscuits
- Honey Of An Oatmeal Bread
- Sunday Dinner Rolls
- Apple Loaf
- Sourdough Drop Biscuits
- Cranberry Orange Loaf
- Poppy Seed Bread I
- Dark and Sweet Rye Bread
- 4H Banana Bread
- Sausage Cornbread Bake
- Chinky's Puto Bread