Cheddar Cheese Straws
I won't forget the cheese straws that my mother made for my father. The only difference was that she did not add cayenne pepper. These make wonderful hors d'oevres.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Combine the flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, salt, grated cheese and butter or margarine in a bowl and mix until well combined. Add water a little bit at a time to make a very stiff dough.
- 3On a lightly floured surface, roll pieces of the dough into just slightly thicker than pencil shaped sticks. Cut sticks into 4 to 5 inch lengths. Arrange the pieces on the baking sheet.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 minutes or until browned.
This is an old family favorite, handed down for years, the outside of the doughnut is crisp and the inside is light and chewy. This does make a HUGE batch, first timers may want to half it. These are worth the effort.
Whole wheat hot cross buns from scratch.
Herb dinner rolls: these go with everything!
I adapted this for a bread machine from an old recipe. We always have these on Easter morning.
I've used dill in breads and just love the flavor, but one day while preparing hamburgers, I wondered if I could use actual pickles. Here is my creation use dill pickle juice for half of the water for the deluxe version. Enjoy!
This is a very easy bread to make. Monkey bread also has been called Bubble Bread and Pull Apart Bread.
These muffins are a chocolatey treat thanks to the double chocolate punch of cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
This cake like bread is the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of coffee. It uses Herman sweet sourdough starter.
Delicious, light muffins with real maple syrup.
Melt in your mouth quick bread for the bread machine.
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
- Snow Day French Toast
- Fondue Bread
- Pain Perdu I
- Beer Rolls
- Chinese Steamed Buns with Meat Filling
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Raisin Bread II
- Honey and Flaxseed Bread
- Pear-a-dise Muffins
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Russian Black Bread
- Blueberry Bread II
- Hot Cross Buns I
- Pan Dulce
- Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- Panettone II
- Light Oat Bread
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread
- Whole Wheat Bread II
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- Chinese Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)
- The All-Good Loaf
- Sticky Buns II
- Orange Pull-Aparts
- Spiced Apple Muffins
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Potato Bread III
- Pizza Crust I
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Tomato Basil Sherry Bread
- Applesauce Raisin Bread
- Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze
- Oatmeal Bread III
- Paska Bread
- Strawnana Bread
- Ron's Fruit Bread
- Easter Bread Ring
- Oatmeal Molasses Bread
- Baked Pretzels
- Basic British Scones
- French Herb Bread
- Indian Naan II