This chocolate bread doesn't taste sweet. It tastes savory, and is good with cream cheese!
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
- 6 cups bread flour
- 4 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1Combine flour, salt, yeast, sugar, cocoa, sunflower oil, and water in a large bowl. Stir everything with a wooden spoon until you have a soft dough.
- 2Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead for five minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- 3Divide the dough in half, and roll each half into a ball. Place both on a baking sheet. Cut crisscross designs in the tops, and cover with a kitchen towel. Let rise until double in size.
- 4Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 35 minutes.
A unique bread with a sweet flavor that makes a wonderful holiday gift! It takes about 4 hours to make, so allow yourself plenty of time.
Bread when eaten warm and topped with butter can't be beat. The sour cream is not necessary, but makes a better texture bread.
Make an outrageously delightful oatmeal bread from your bread machine
Slightly sweet whole wheat bread. Use stone ground flour if available. This is a very big recipe, you may want to divide it in half.
This is a really good and moist bread.
This makes a crust for one large homemade pizza, mmmm, good! Be sure all your ingredients are at room temperature.
This is a Swedish Christmas Bread with candied fruits and a yummy cardamom flavor.
This recipe was shared with me by my friend, Sharon. She was given the recipe by her mother. Everyone who has tasted them will agree that they are the best muffins ever!
You can vary the flavor of this bread with your choice of olive - Kalamata, Amfisa, Arbequina, Niscoise ... ... ....
Traditional Czechoslovakian Christmas Bread. Serve with butter. Some people toast it, use jelly, or even butter and powdered sugar...depending upon local customs and family preference. It is a day-long project, but well worth the effort.
- High Flavor Bran Bread
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Zucchini Pineapple Bread I
- French Brioche
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Oatmeal Bread III
- Apple Raisin Bread
- Sourdough Wheat Bread
- French Toast I
- Irish Soda Bread III
- Raisin Bread II
- Italian Cheese Bread
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pan Dulce
- Hot Cross Buns II
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread
- Basic British Scones
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- Coconut Pumpkin Nut Bread
- Dark Rye Bread
- European Black Bread
- Chili Bread
- Cherry Vanilla Chip Muffins
- Honey Bran Muffins
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Pizza Crust II
- Spelt Bread I
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Bread Sticks
- Sour Cream and Chive Rolls
- French Baguettes
- Portuguese Sweet Bread I
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Honey Oatmeal Bread I
- Oatmeal Soda Bread
- Applesauce Raisin Bread
- Salt Rising Bread
- Best Ever Cinnamon Buns
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Pita Bread
- Batter White Bread
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- Creamy Banana Bread