Delicious Pumpkin Bread
Got this recipe from my mom. It is a pretty good recipe, and can be made with canned or fresh pumpkin. One half cup raisins may be substituted for the nuts.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1Grease and flour three 7 x 3 inch pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Measure flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and spices into a large bowl. Stir to blend. Add pumpkin, water, vegetable oil, eggs, and nuts. Beat until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3Bake for approximately 1 hour.
A fragrant array of spices -cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice -accent this moist pumpkin-nut bread peppered with juicy raisins. The generous recipe makes three loaves, so plan on giving some away to friends and family.
Flaked coconut adds chewy sweetness to spicy pumpkin-nut bread.
This better-for-you version of pumpkin bread substitutes applesauce for the vegetable oil.
Coffee cans make excellent baking tins for breads, as proven here with one-pound cans substituting for conventional bread pans. Well-spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, the three medium loaves from this recipe are milder in pumpkin flavor than ot
Very, very chocolate-y! Great with a glass of milk.
Use a good sourdough starter, one you have tended to, for best flavor.
I learned how to make these growing up watching my mother Alma. We have never used an actual recipe, but for your convenience I came up with one.
This is rich filling bread stuffed full of pepperoni and sausage. It's good as meal with a green salad on the side.
A yummy fruit and nut filled oat bread. I also like to use 3 mashed bananas in place of the apples, and sometimes use some of each.
Savory and tasty!
This is the 'traditional' ponczki made by most Polish Grandmothers, like mine. These take time and patience, but the product is worth it. Preferred, traditional frying method is with lard but oil will work fine. I usually mix equal portions. Grandma used a large paper bag, and dropped them in immediately after removing from the fryer. The bag absorbs a lot of the oil. Then, she transferred them to another clean bag, added her choice of coating, and shook the bag.
Great during the summer. Can assemble with favorite toppings and cook right on the grill! You may use whole wheat flour in this recipe if you prefer.
This bread takes pumpkin bread to a whole new realm. I invented this one day when thinking of how to make pumpkin bread retain its moistness even longer. Solution: coconut milk!
A trip to the health food store will be necessary for these flapjacks, but it is worth it. While there, pick up some real maple syrup to serve with them!
- Bread Machine Challah I
- Sour Cream and Chive Rolls
- Sticky Buns II
- Tomato Basil Sherry Bread
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins
- Baked Pretzels
- Oatmeal Bread III
- French Toast I
- Southern Butter Rolls
- The All-Good Loaf
- Banana Macadamia Nut Bread
- Swiss Christmas Bread
- Pumpernickel Bread II
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Chinese Steamed Buns
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Pan Dulce
- Ruby's Special Cornbread
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- Essene Bread
- German Rye Bread
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Pear-a-dise Muffins
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Dill Pickle Bread
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- Whole Wheat Bread II
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Irish Soda Bread IV
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- Cottage Cheese Bread II
- Quick and Easy Monkey Bread
- Raisin Bread III
- Sourdough Wheat Bread
- Steamed Black Bread
- Fondue Bread
- Banana Nut Bread II
- Golden Cake Batter Bread
- Welsh Bread
- Herman Coffee Cake
- Easter Bread Ring
- Maple Muffins
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Mocha Muffins
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe