Parmesan and rosemary add a delicious flavor and aroma to this soft, chewy bread.
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
- 1 1/3 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1In a large stoneware bowl, stir together the flours and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Sprinkle the sugar and yeast into that well. Carefully pour the water into the well. Let stand until the yeast begins to act, about 5 minutes. Pour 2 tablespoons of the oil into the well. With a wooden spoon stir the mixture in the center of the bowl. Gradually widen the circle of stirring to take in all of the flour at the sides of the well.
- 2Turn out on a floured surface, and knead just until smooth. Keep the dough soft. Pour 1/2 teaspoon of the oil into a clean bowl. Place the dough in the bowl, turning once to oil the top. Cover. Let rise until doubled, 30 to 45 minutes.
- 3Punch the dough down. Use 1 teaspoon of the oil to coat a baking sheet, and place the dough on the baking sheet. Gently press the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness. Pour the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over the top of the dough. Use the handle end of a wooden spoon to dimple the dough at 1 1/2 inch intervals. Sprinkle with the rosemary and the cheese. Place in a cold oven on the center shelf. Place a flat pan of hot water on the shelf below the bread. Let rise until doubled, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4Turn on the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake the focaccia for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned on top. Remove from the pan, and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Slightly sweet whole wheat bread. Use stone ground flour if available. This is a very big recipe, you may want to divide it in half.
This a very simple recipe to make and a very flavorful one at that, I do believe that everyone will love it! You may use thawed frozen blueberries if fresh ones are unavailable.
Make something special to share with a friend! This delicious starter can make a variety of breads. Do not use metal containers or utensils.
This bread can be frozen and is very easy to make.
Bread machine recipe.
Quick and easy to make, oh so fruity, and very yummy!!
A wonderful way to use the extra bounty of summer, and make a tasty treat. You can adjust the recipe to suit your family's tastes, or create your own variations. For an optional topping use any, all or a combination of the following: equal parts brown sugar, chopped nuts and mini chocolate chips. Sprinkle tops of muffins just prior to baking.
This bread contains no wheat, eggs, cow's milk, or yeast. I find all of these ingredients in our large health food store and food co-op.
A trip to the health food store will be necessary for these flapjacks, but it is worth it. While there, pick up some real maple syrup to serve with them!
A moist, heavy loaf. Perfect accompaniment to a rich, thick stew.
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Banana Macadamia Nut Bread
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Essene Bread
- Cinnamon Bread II
- Christmas Stollen II
- Basic Sourdough Bread
- Pear-a-dise Muffins
- Batter White Bread
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- Orange Pull-Aparts
- Banana Chip Muffins II
- Polish Doughnuts
- Spelt Bread I
- Sour Cream and Chive Rolls
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Old Fashion Molasses Bread
- Panettone II
- Dark Rye Bread
- Cottage Cheese Bread II
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Welsh Bread
- Best Ever Cinnamon Buns
- Raisin Bread II
- Garlic and Herb Bread
- Italian Cheese Bread
- Sausage Bread
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- Ron's Fruit Bread
- Golden Cake Batter Bread
- Baked Pretzels
- Pain Perdu I
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
- The All-Good Loaf
- Raisin Bread III
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Italian Herb Bread II
- Pita Bread
- Bread Bowls II
- Bread Sticks
- Chili Bread
- Steve's Whole Wheat
- Angel Biscuits II
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins