Ezekiel Bread I
This is the bread that Ezekiel lived off of while he was in the desert for two years. It is supposed to be nutritionally complete. The recipe calls for grinding your own flour from a variety of grains and dried beans.
- 2 1/2 cups wheat berries
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/4 cup dry green lentils
- 2 tablespoons dry great Northern beans
- 2 tablespoons dry kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons dried pinto beans
- 4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1Measure the water, honey, olive oil, and yeast into a large bowl. Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2Stir all of the grains and beans together until well mixed. Grind in a flour mill. Add fresh milled flour and salt to the yeast mixture; stir until well mixed, about 10 minutes. The dough will be like that of a batter bread. Pour dough into two greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- 3Let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until dough has reached the top of the pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until loaves are golden brown.
I have been looking for a good Russian Black Bread recipe. This one is the closest I have come. The vinegar adds a bit of a bite, but believe me, with cheese it is marvelous.
Yes, this is French toast, but a superior one. Unlike normal French toast this batter cooks into a custardy, crispy coating that leaves the bread creamy and oh so good. The use of good egg bread is a must here. Homemade is best, however store bought (such as Hawaiian bread) will work in a pinch.
Old fashioned New England flavor using a bread machine! You can mix the bread in the machine then bake it in the regular oven using your favorite pans, I do.
Pretzels where the dough is mixed in the bread machine.
This muffin has a little bit of everything - carrots, raisins, apple butter, wheat germ, nuts. A perfect start for your day!
This recipe is for the bread machine. It is similar to homemade grandmother's sweet bread.
A strong tasting cheese bread.
Delicious, light muffins with real maple syrup.
Slightly sweet whole wheat bread. Use stone ground flour if available. This is a very big recipe, you may want to divide it in half.
This bread has all the qualities of a quick bread plus great texture and a heavenly crust. The riper the bananas, the better the flavor. Steel-cut oats are the old-fashioned kind that are not pre-cooked, quick-cooking, or instant. You can find them in health food stores or in groceries that carry specialty type items.
- Italian Herb Bread II
- Pistachio Bread
- Banana Macadamia Nut Bread
- Strawnana Bread
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread
- Dark Rye Bread
- Best Ever Cinnamon Buns
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Oatmeal Bread III
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- High Flavor Bran Bread
- Chinese Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- French Baguettes
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Golden Cake Batter Bread
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- French Toast I
- Pear-a-dise Muffins
- Ruby's Special Cornbread
- Pizza Crust II
- Pan Dulce
- Polish Doughnuts
- Easy Rice Bread
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- Tomato Basil Sherry Bread
- Favorite Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
- Welsh Bread
- Chinese Steamed Buns
- Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Honey Bran Muffins
- Country Seed Bread
- Apple Raisin Bread
- Yeast-Free Bread
- European Black Bread
- Whole Wheat Honey Bread
- Banana Chip Muffins II
- Chinese Steamed Buns with Meat Filling
- Special Banana Bread
- Ron's Fruit Bread
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Bread Sticks