French Toast I
There are many, fancy variations on this basic recipe. This recipe works with many types of bread - white, whole wheat, cinnamon-raisin, Italian or French. Serve hot with butter or margarine and maple syrup.
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- 2Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.
This is a variation of Beer Bread. It makes a fat-free, loaf shaped 'biscuit' that does not brown very well. Sliced thin, it makes a great toast for breakfast.
Add any fruits, vegetables, nuts and spices that you desire.
After much trial and error, I've come up with this basic scone recipe which rivals the scones at Tea & Sympathy in NYC.
This cake like bread is the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of coffee. It uses Herman sweet sourdough starter.
Easy recipe for challah or egg bread using a bread machine. I use the light setting on my bread machine.
This is rich filling bread stuffed full of pepperoni and sausage. It's good as meal with a green salad on the side.
I adapted this for a bread machine from an old recipe. We always have these on Easter morning.
My grandmother used to serve this with cheese as a pre-dinner snack while we waited for the turkey. She used a heavy cast iron griddle, lightly floured. I use a 1 1/2 inch wood dowel to roll out nice and thin.
This is wonderful with spaghetti, lasagna, or another Italian dish, but my family likes it with almost anything. It's very good if made the day before you need it, then split down the middle, buttered, and reheated at mealtime. I use a bread machine, but it can be made without. I like to use the dough cycle, then bake it in a French loaf pan.
- Irish Soda Bread IV
- Cottage Cheese Bread II
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Grill Dough
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Quick and Easy Monkey Bread
- French Brioche
- Pizza Crust II
- French Toast I
- Finnish Pulla
- Italian Herb Bread II
- Ron's Fruit Bread
- Chinese Steamed Buns
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- Spelt Bread I
- Steamed Black Bread
- Baked Pretzels
- Swiss Christmas Bread
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Oatmeal Bread II
- Dark Rye Bread
- Dill Pickle Bread
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Ruby's Special Cornbread
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Sticky Buns II
- Herman Biscuits
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Honey Oatmeal Bread I
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- European Black Bread
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread
- Paska Bread
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Applesauce Bread I
- Onion, Garlic, Cheese Bread
- Tomato Basil Sherry Bread