Fruit Bread I
This fruit bread slices into a pretty plateful. It's great for entertaining and even giving as a Christmas gift for that someone special.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar and oil. Beat to blend. Stir in milk, vanilla, and carrot.
- 3In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, coconut, cherries, raisins, and walnuts. Mix well to combine evenly. Pour all at once over batter. Stir to moisten. Turn into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour until it tests done. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool and wrap.
This is a very pretty loaf with a light background. It's filled with the sweetness of glazed fruit.
Not as heavy as traditional fruit bread, nor nearly as dense with fruit, this version features a variety of nuts and candied fruits in small amounts. Serve it plain or lightly toasted.
Do not confuse this with the dense Christmas bread with maraschino cherries. This recipe is simply a blueprint for making any quick bread with fruits or vegetables, from apple to rhubarb or from carrot to zucchini.
This is another great holiday bread to make that belonged to my mother. She sometimes served this one, and it is a very old recipe. This bread is good the first day, but better the second. You may use dates instead of raisins if you wish.
This traditional Polish egg bread is wonderfully light with a slightly sweet flavor.
This recipe was given to my mom from our neighbor. The bread is so sweet and delicious! It's still very scrumptious if you choose not to use the glaze. They are the BEST GUARANTEED!
This recipe was shared with me by my friend, Sharon. She was given the recipe by her mother. Everyone who has tasted them will agree that they are the best muffins ever!
There are many, fancy variations on this basic recipe. This recipe works with many types of bread - white, whole wheat, cinnamon-raisin, Italian or French. Serve hot with butter or margarine and maple syrup.
Use a good sourdough starter, one you have tended to, for best flavor.
A tasty and healthy toasting bread for cold winter mornings.
This bread has all the qualities of a quick bread plus great texture and a heavenly crust. The riper the bananas, the better the flavor. Steel-cut oats are the old-fashioned kind that are not pre-cooked, quick-cooking, or instant. You can find them in health food stores or in groceries that carry specialty type items.
This pull-apart bread accented with orange zest makes a nice treat to go with coffee. It's been Grandpa approved!
This delicious recipe is quick and easy when you are pressed for time. I bet you can't eat just one of them!!
Delicious, light muffins with real maple syrup.
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Ruby's Special Cornbread
- Best Ever Cinnamon Buns
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Steamed Black Bread
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins I
- Special Banana Bread
- Bread Bowls II
- Chinese Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)
- Herman Coffee Cake
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Raisin Bread III
- Indian Naan II
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Honey and Flaxseed Bread
- Pan Dulce
- Portuguese Sweet Bread I
- Oatmeal Soda Bread
- Russian Black Bread
- Grill Dough
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins II
- Chinese Steamed Buns
- Onion, Garlic, Cheese Bread
- Strawnana Bread
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Cherry Vanilla Chip Muffins
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread
- Dill Pickle Bread
- Oatmeal Molasses Bread
- Salt Rising Bread
- Baked Pretzels
- Basic Sourdough Bread
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- Oat Bran Bread
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- Italian Herb Bread II
- Pizza Crust II
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- Spiced Apple Muffins