Low-Cholesterol Blueberry Muffins II
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Use vegetable oil spray to grease 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- 2Mix 1/4 cup of the flour with the blueberries. Set aside. Beat egg white and 1 tablespoon oil lightly in bowl. Stir in milk and melted margarine or oil.
- 3In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Sift dry ingredient mixture over egg white mixture. Stir just long enough to moisten flour. The batter will look lumpy. DO NOT OVERMIX. Fold in blueberries. Fill each tin two-thirds full with batter. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
The secret to great texture in these delectable, simple muffins is a gentle hand when it comes to mixing.
Your search for the perfect blueberry muffin may end here. Light and sweet, these melt in your mouth.
These have a great texture, and stay moist and tender for days - if they last that long at your house!
A slightly sweet bread with a great flavor combination of raisins and caraway seeds.
Add any fruits, vegetables, nuts and spices that you desire.
This recipe was given to my mom from our neighbor. The bread is so sweet and delicious! It's still very scrumptious if you choose not to use the glaze. They are the BEST GUARANTEED!
Oatmeal Molasses Bread via the bread machine. I often just use the dough cycle, take the dough out when done, and let it rise on more time. I then bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 28 minutes. The texture is just like a real homemade loaf. Enjoy!!!!!
A trip to the health food store will be necessary for these flapjacks, but it is worth it. While there, pick up some real maple syrup to serve with them!
Hot cross buns! Hot cross buns!
This delicious recipe is quick and easy when you are pressed for time. I bet you can't eat just one of them!!
After much trial and error, I've come up with this basic scone recipe which rivals the scones at Tea & Sympathy in NYC.
This is so good and reminds me of a real moist kind of a sweet quick bread. Everybody asks for the recipe: this bread is moist, and easy to make too. Note: If you are using frozen blueberries, you can thaw them in the microwave for about 3 minutes. However, you need to increase the amount of blueberries to 3/4 cup.
Use a good sourdough starter, one you have tended to, for best flavor.
- Chinese Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins
- Jule Kaka
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- French Herb Bread
- Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce I
- Lefse II
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Garlic and Herb Bread
- Tomato Basil Sherry Bread
- Orange Pull-Aparts
- Banana Nut Oatmeal Bread
- Maple Muffins
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Quick and Easy Monkey Bread
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Herman Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Bread II
- Banana Macadamia Nut Bread
- Southern Butter Rolls
- Cottage Cheese Bread II
- Angel Biscuit Rolls
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Czech Christmas Hoska
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- German Rye Bread
- Honey Bran Muffins
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- Best Ever Cinnamon Buns
- Panettone II
- French Baguettes
- Chili Bread
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Easter Bread Ring
- Yeast-Free Bread
- Raisin Bread II
- Indian Naan II
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Pizza Crust II
- Irish Soda Bread IV
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread
- Slovak Nut Rolls