This is a different kind of loaf and has a smooth texture.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla, orange rind and juice.
- 3In another bowl, put flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir in grated chocolate and nuts. Pour into first bowl. Stir all together until moistened. Spoon into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- 4Bake in 325 degree F (165 degree C) oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan to cool on cake rack. Wrap.
This is a sweet, fruity quick bread, made with almond extract, dates, cherries and raisins.
This is a loaf with plenty of fruit and light in color. Very pretty when cut.
This quick-bread recipe uses orange zest and fresh orange juice for extra-bright citrus flavors everyone will love.
This sweet quick bread uses both light and dark raisins. You could vary the flavors by substituting dried cherries or other dried fruits for some of the raisins.
Dried apricots and dates pack toothsome richness in this bread that also features cream cheese to balance the sweetness.
Add crunchy hazelnuts or pecans to this spiced zucchini bread laden with golden pineapple.
A fragrant white bread with a nice and crispy crust.
A traditional North American treat. Serve with jam or honey.
Take advantage of tangerines when they are in season with this easy to make this fruity bread.
A delightfully fruity bread with healthy substitutes for butter and sugar.
This is a great snack bread made in the bread machine. Spread with jam or honey and serve as an after school treat. You can use your favorite style of peanut butter with this one. My favorite is extra crunchy.
This is a yummy recipe we made in my preschool class years ago and has been my favorite ever since.
Takes 3 to 5 days to make this wonderful tasting bread. It rivals San Francisco's Sourdough!
This is the recipe that my husband's grandmother made for her family, my mother-in-law made for hers, and I have inherited the fun of making this bread for mine. We particularly like this fresh out of the oven, and then eat it daily for breakfast. My father-in-law at 86 years old bragged about never having eaten a slice of 'store bought bread.'
I own a small coffee shop/deli and my customers really enjoy this delicious breakfast bread! To Make Vanilla Flavored Sugar: To a 1 gallon jar of sugar, add one vanilla bean. Let sit at least one week before using.
A Southern delight with a 'more-ish' taste. One bite and you want more! This bread freezes well.
- Pecan Sticky Buns
- Basil, Roasted Peppers and Monterey Jack Cornbread
- Quick Banana Bread
- Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Scones
- Brazilian Banana Bread
- Pineapple Zucchini Bread
- Banana Sour Cream Bread
- Sourdough Rye
- Savory Onion Bread
- Sweet Honey French Bread
- Nana's Nut Bread
- Nut and Fruit Bread
- New York Rye Bread
- Cottage Dill Bread
- Chinky's Mango Bread
- Mocha Cream Bread
- Apple Loaf
- Cardamom Bread
- Mustard Wheat Rye Sandwich Bread
- Sourdough Bread I
- Whole Wheat Apple Muffins
- Homemade Focaccia Bread
- Chinky's Bibingka
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Hot Water Cornmeal Bread
- Sour Cream and Onion Bread
- Mexican Style Cornbread
- Buttermilk Bread I
- The Best Pizza Crust
- Easy Focaccia
- Pumpernickel Bread I
- Peach Bread
- Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- Pumpkin Bread I
- Oat-N-Honey Bread
- Yogurt Cornbread
- Chocolate Chip Orange Zucchini Bread
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread I
- Dark and Sweet Rye Bread
- Orange Pumpkin Loaf
- Sourdough Starter III
- Parmesan Focaccia Bread
- Jalapeno Bread II
- Strawberry Bread I
- Beer Biscuits
- Molasses-Oat Bran Bread