Mama D's Italian Bread
This is a basic delicious Italian bread.
- 3 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Add the sugar and yeast to the warm water and let proof.
- 2Stir in 4 cups of flour and beat until smooth. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 3Beat in the salt and then add enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough. Knead until as soft and smooth as a bambino's behind. Turn in a greased bowl, cover, and let double in size. (I put it in the oven with the light on - perfect rising temperature.)
- 4Once doubled, punch down and divide into three. Place back in the bowl, cover, and let rise.
- 5Once doubled again, punch down and form into three fat "footballs." Grease heavy cookie sheets and sprinkle with corn meal. Place the bread on the sheets, cover with a towel, and let rise.
- 6Once risen, mist with water and place in a preheated 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) oven. Mist loaves with water and turn occasionally while they bake. Bread is done when golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
This bread is very good right out of the oven, or toasted. Dried blueberry's are hard to find and very expensive; try the Baker's Catalog. The expense is worth every bit!
Moist bread. Good as written but even better with the addition of raisins, nuts, and spices.
A white bread recipe without a strong yeast flavor. Proofing the yeast first eliminates some of the yeast taste from the final product.
I have been looking for a good Russian Black Bread recipe. This one is the closest I have come. The vinegar adds a bit of a bite, but believe me, with cheese it is marvelous.
This is a moist banana bread recipe that I make fairly often with leftover, very ripe bananas.
Irish Soda Bread for the bread machine. This recipe makes a wonderfully tasty loaf.
There are many, fancy variations on this basic recipe. This recipe works with many types of bread - white, whole wheat, cinnamon-raisin, Italian or French. Serve hot with butter or margarine and maple syrup.
You can vary the flavor of this bread with your choice of olive - Kalamata, Amfisa, Arbequina, Niscoise ... ... ....
Bread Machine raisin bread - very quick, very easy, foolproof - a huge hit at my house!
Melt in your mouth quick bread for the bread machine.
- Chinese Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Easter Bread Ring
- Light Oat Bread
- Herman Biscuits
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins I
- Oatmeal Bread III
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Blueberry Orange Bread
- Potato Bread III
- Basic British Scones
- Polish Doughnuts
- Whole Wheat Bread II
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins II
- Bread Sticks
- French Herb Bread
- Banana Nut Oatmeal Bread
- Fondue Bread
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Oat Bran Bread
- J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits
- Sausage Bread
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- Irish Soda Bread IV
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Batter White Bread
- Ruby's Special Cornbread
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Salt Rising Bread
- Quick and Easy Monkey Bread
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Pear-a-dise Muffins
- Beer Rolls
- High Flavor Bran Bread
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Essene Bread
- Pizza Crust II
- Raisin Bread III
- Tomato Basil Sherry Bread
- Southern Butter Rolls
- Spelt Bread I
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Steamed Black Bread