Mom's Hazelnut Special
This is a bread machine recipe developed by my very talented mother, who grew up in Oregon, the Filbert (or Hazelnut) capital of the world! This bread has won raves from those who don't even like whole wheat bread.
- 1/2 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/8 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1Follow the directions for your bread machine, but do not reserve the nuts for later: add them at the beginning for better flavor.
I developed this recipe because I wanted a bread recipe, not cake-like, while living in a 10-foot trailer. This recipe is very low in fat.
Rich looking and great tasting. Make today and cut tomorrow.
With a large abundance of apples on hand all year round, here is a recipe that is tender and has a delicate apple flavor.
Small buns that resemble butterflies. All kids love them
Goes well with meat and soup dishes.
Salted or seeded, these make a great snack.
If you never lose another recipe don't lose this one. These muffins are awesome with the honey spread.
This quick-bread recipe uses orange zest and fresh orange juice for extra-bright citrus flavors everyone will love.
Get tropical with this mango-packed loaf enhanced with cinnamon and raisins. A wonderful summertime snack.
The orange flavor gives lift to the date flavor.
- Dr. Michael's Yeasted Cornbread
- Nana's Nut Bread
- Dad's Orange Cardamom Breakfast Rolls
- Oatmeal Bread I
- Molasses-Oat Bran Bread
- Uncle Wynn's Bread Machine Rye
- Angel Biscuits I
- Wheat and Barley Bread
- Grandma's English Muffin Bread
- Mustard Wheat Rye Sandwich Bread
- Apple Scones
- Bagels I
- Beer Bread II
- Cornbread I
- Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits
- Potato Bread I
- Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Scones
- Cranberry Pineapple Bread
- Banana Nut Bread I
- Sweeter Muffins
- Apricot Cheese Loaf
- Pumpkin Bread I
- Nut and Fruit Bread
- Sourdough Bread II
- Savory Onion Bread
- Favorite Nut Bread
- Cinnamon Bread I
- Blueberry Bread I
- Monkey Bread IV
- Fruit Loaf
- Boiled Bagels
- Good 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- Jalapeno Bread II
- Rory's Most Wonderful Corn Bread
- Best Ever Muffins
- Babka I
- Golden Crescent Rolls
- Tasty Buns
- Sweet Honey French Bread
- Carolyn's Orange Rolls
- Buttered Biscuits
- Sausage Cornbread Bake
- Cinnamon Buns
- Fruit and Nut Loaf