No Knead Refrigerator Rolls
A light fluffy yeast roll that melts in your mouth.
- 4 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside to proof.
- 2In another bowl, mix together sugar, salt, shortening, and egg with an electric mixer at low speed. Add mixture to yeast, and stir in flour. The last 3 cups of flour will have to be mixed in by hand.
- 3Cover dough with a damp cloth, and place in refrigerator. Punch down occasionally as dough rises. You can leave dough in refrigerator overnight.
- 4Two hours before baking, shape the dough into rolls. Place on greased pans, baking trays or muffin pans. Let rise 2 hours.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees F ( 205 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes.
This recipe has been created with the idea of lowering the fat content. These are so delicious -- you'll never miss the fat!! Can also be made as a quick bread. Pour batter into an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan, and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
Very moist and so delicious.
Great with pasta and stuff or to toast and snack on.
Kids and kids-at-heart love this! Make sure to use jelly, the sugar content in jam will hinder the success of this recipe. You may use any flavor jelly that you please.
This bread is very good right out of the oven, or toasted. Dried blueberry's are hard to find and very expensive; try the Baker's Catalog. The expense is worth every bit!
A slightly sweet bread with a great flavor combination of raisins and caraway seeds.
Slightly sweet whole wheat bread. Use stone ground flour if available. This is a very big recipe, you may want to divide it in half.
A trip to the health food store will be necessary for these flapjacks, but it is worth it. While there, pick up some real maple syrup to serve with them!
Great with a cup of coffee or tea or anytime! You may substitute chopped dried pears for the dried cherries if you wish.
This is a spicy bread, good with black bean soup. Make it for the chili lover in your life.
- Portuguese Sweet Bread I
- Potato Bread III
- Chinese Steamed Buns with Meat Filling
- Pizza Crust II
- Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread
- Zucchini Pineapple Bread I
- German Rye Bread
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- Favorite Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
- Angel Biscuit Rolls
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- Yeast-Free Bread
- Country Seed Bread
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Fondue Bread
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread
- Applesauce Bread I
- Ron's Fruit Bread
- Panettone II
- Basic Sourdough Bread
- Kolaches II
- Lefse II
- Garlic and Herb Bread
- Steamed Black Bread
- French Brioche
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Banana Macadamia Nut Bread
- Ruby's Special Cornbread
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Honey Bran Muffins
- Basic British Scones
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Bread Sticks
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Polish Doughnuts
- Applesauce Raisin Bread
- Oatmeal Soda Bread
- Chinese Steamed Buns
- Cherry Vanilla Chip Muffins