Nonfat Sour Cream Cake Bread
A delicious cake like bread that has the added benefit of being very low in fat.
- 3/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1Combine sour cream, sugar, egg whites, milk, vanilla, salt, and yeast in medium bowl. Mix until smooth.
- 2Pile the flour in a large flat pan and make a well in the center. Pour the sour cream mixture into the center and draw in the flour until a soft dough is formed. Gradually work in a little flour until the dough is pliant and soft but not sticky. Knead until smooth but add a minimum of flour to keep the dough from sticking.
- 3Place in a pan and leave to rise until doubled in bulk. Beat down, knead briefly, then place in a lightly sprayed 9 inch bundt cake pan. Leave to rise until doubled in bulk.
- 4Bake bread in a preheated 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) oven for 25 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until golden brown on top. If necessary, cover with foil to keep from darkening. Immediately remove from cake pan and place on rack to cool.
Extra dense with zucchini, this loaf has the classic combination of cinnamon and nuts to tempt you into a sumptuous oblivion.
A traditional North American treat. Serve with jam or honey.
This is a different kind of loaf and has a smooth texture.
This is a basic delicious Italian bread.
I developed this recipe because I wanted a bread recipe, not cake-like, while living in a 10-foot trailer. This recipe is very low in fat.
A dark, slightly sweet bread.
This bread uses two loaves frozen bread dough, cheese, onions, olive oil, Italian spices. Absolutely delicious, crumbled crisp bacon can be added before baking if desired.
This three-ingredient recipe gets biscuits on your table in a quick and easy manner for when you need biscuits now!
This loaf is light in color and comes from New Zealand.
- Chocolate Chip Orange Zucchini Bread
- Monkey Bread I
- Monkey Bread IV
- Swedish Limpu Bread
- Monkey Bread II
- Banana Sour Cream Bread
- Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins
- Sourdough Starter II
- Nonfat Sour Cream Cake Bread
- Persimmon Bread II
- White Bread I
- Chocolate Bread
- Candied Fruit Bread
- Apricot Cheese Loaf
- Savory Onion Bread
- Boiled Bagels
- Michell Jenny's Challah
- Poppy Seed Muffins
- Breakfast Muffins
- Onion Bread I
- Zucchini Bread II
- French Bread
- Banana Chip Muffins I
- Cranberry Pineapple Bread
- Cheddar Biscuits
- Cathy's Banana Bread
- Blueberry Anadama Bread
- Sweet Potato Bread I
- Soft Pretzels I
- Chocolate Wave Zucchini Bread
- The Best Corn Bread You'll Ever Eat
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Scones
- Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls
- Abby's Super Zucchini Loaf
- Orange Juice Muffins with Honey Spread
- Buttermilk Bread II
- Hungarian Braided White Bread
- Strawberry Bread I
- Lower Fat Banana Nut Bread
- Whole Wheat Bread I
- Fruit Loaf
- Chinky's Mango Bread
- Low-Salt White Bread
- Mom's Hazelnut Special
- Alienated Blueberry Muffins
- Pineapple Tangerine Bread
- Tasty Buns