Nut and Fruit Bread
This is another great holiday bread to make that belonged to my mother. She sometimes served this one, and it is a very old recipe. This bread is good the first day, but better the second. You may use dates instead of raisins if you wish.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Grease an 8 x 5 inch loaf tin thoroughly. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2In a small bowl, beat the egg well. Mix in milk and melted butter or shortening.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a mixing bowl. Add sugar, nuts, raisins and orange rind; mix well. Blend egg mixture into fruit and nut mixture until flour is just moistened. Turn batter into greased loaf tin, and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- 4Place pan in the center of the oven. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Turn bread out on wire rack, and cool for several hours before slicing.
This recipe was my grandmother's. The breads are baked in coffee cans!
Almonds, hazelnuts or cashews would work particularly well with the apricot halves in this delicious bread.
This quick bread recipe delivers a tasty orange flavor to go with the added texture of the chopped walnuts.
Not as heavy as traditional fruit bread, nor nearly as dense with fruit, this version features a variety of nuts and candied fruits in small amounts. Serve it plain or lightly toasted.
This is a moist, dense date bread with your choice of nuts -walnuts or pecans, almonds or hazelnuts.
Quick and easy rolled oat bread.
Oatmeal Molasses Bread via the bread machine. I often just use the dough cycle, take the dough out when done, and let it rise on more time. I then bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 28 minutes. The texture is just like a real homemade loaf. Enjoy!!!!!
This recipe is from Italy. The Italians love it, especially at Easter time.
Very good!!! The extra sugar makes for a better rise.
This traditional Polish egg bread is wonderfully light with a slightly sweet flavor.
Enjoy this light, nutty-flavoured loaf toasted in the morning, or as a foundation for your favorite sandwich. Toast seeds for a nuttier flavour.
This is rich filling bread stuffed full of pepperoni and sausage. It's good as meal with a green salad on the side.
This recipe includes directions for making lemon sauce, a perfect complement to a spicy bread pudding.
Bread Machine raisin bread - very quick, very easy, foolproof - a huge hit at my house!
This recipe is for the bread machine. It is similar to homemade grandmother's sweet bread.
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Yeast-Free Bread
- French Herb Bread
- Spelt Bread I
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Banana Macadamia Nut Bread
- Favorite Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
- Oat Bran Bread
- Pita Bread
- Bread Sticks
- Quick and Easy Monkey Bread
- Snow Day French Toast
- Pumpernickel Bread II
- High Flavor Bran Bread
- Maple Muffins
- Apple Raisin Bread
- Chinese Steamed Buns
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- Light Oat Bread
- Steamed Black Bread
- Lefse II
- Potato Bread III
- Oatmeal Soda Bread
- Finnish Pulla
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Herman Coffee Cake
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Banana Nut Oatmeal Bread
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Easy Rice Bread
- Banana Nut Bread II
- Polish Doughnuts
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- Best Ever Cinnamon Buns
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Christmas Stollen II
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Basic Sourdough Bread
- French Baguettes