Delicious with any soup or salad... and great toasted the next day!
- 2 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 7 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1Place water, yeast, and molasses in a mixing bowl; stir to mix. Let stand for a few minutes until mixture is creamy and foamy.
- 2Add olive oil and salt; mix. Add flour, about a cup at a time, until dough is too stiff to stir. Add olives and fresh herbs.
- 3Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board. Knead, adding flour as needed to keep from being sticky, until smooth and elastic. Place in well oiled bowl, and turn to coat the dough surface with oil. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about an hour or so.
- 4Punch the dough down, split into two pieces, and form into two round loaves. Place on greased baking sheet . Spray with cold water and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Let loaves rise for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for about 45 minutes, or until they are brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
This is an easy recipe for a loaf of black bread with caraway seed for bread machines.
Cream cheese filled muffins.
These are though to be the original pancake. Serve them hot with maple syrup. They are also known as hoecakes. Serve hot with honey and butter.
This is wonderful with spaghetti, lasagna, or another Italian dish, but my family likes it with almost anything. It's very good if made the day before you need it, then split down the middle, buttered, and reheated at mealtime. I use a bread machine, but it can be made without. I like to use the dough cycle, then bake it in a French loaf pan.
This steamed bread is made with graham flour, a coarsely ground whole wheat flour. The cooking method makes it moist.
Very good!!! The extra sugar makes for a better rise.
This is a very easy bread to make. Monkey bread also has been called Bubble Bread and Pull Apart Bread.
A trip to the health food store will be necessary for these flapjacks, but it is worth it. While there, pick up some real maple syrup to serve with them!
These Mexican sweet buns have a streusel topping. A chocolate streusel variation is included. You can shape these into seashells, ovals, or horns.
Moist banana bread for the bread machine. All the flavor less of the work!
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- Pita Bread
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Chili Bread
- Welsh Bread
- German Rye Bread
- Raisin Bread II
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- Sourdough Wheat Bread
- Cottage Cheese Bread II
- French Toast I
- Kolaches II
- Basic Sourdough Bread
- Slovak Nut Rolls
- High Flavor Bran Bread
- Old Fashion Molasses Bread
- Fondue Bread
- Pizza Crust I
- Paska Bread
- The All-Good Loaf
- Hot Cross Buns II
- French Brioche
- Oatmeal Bread III
- Snow Day French Toast
- Ruby's Special Cornbread
- Indian Naan II
- Bread Sticks
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Cherry Vanilla Chip Muffins
- Pumpernickel Bread II
- Oatmeal Molasses Bread
- Pizza Crust II
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Baked Pretzels
- J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Hot Cross Buns I
- Chinese Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)
- Julia's Hot Cross Buns
- Orange Pull-Aparts
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins