Onion Bread I
This flavorful loaf of bread gets a savory flavor of onion thanks to the simple addition of a packet of onion soup mix.
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Let cool until lukewarm. In a large bowl, stir together yeast, warm water, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Set aside to proof.
- 2Add milk, 2 2/3 tablespoons sugar, salt, butter or margarine, flour, and soup mix to the yeast in the bowl. Combine until dough forms, and then turn out on a lightly floured surface. Knead until dough is elastic. Oil a large bowl. Place the dough in the bowl, and turn several times to coat. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth, and set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- 3Divide dough in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch bread pans. Set aside to rise for 30 minutes.
- 4Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40 minutes. Loaf will sound hollow when done.
Cheddar cheese and sauteed onions team up wonderfully in this zesty quick bread that boasts a second helping of cheese on top.
Your bread machine aids and abets as sour cream meets its perfect match with onion soup mix to make a tasty and hearty whole-wheat bread.
Great with pasta and stuff or to toast and snack on.
The cream cheese contributes to the excellence of this loaf.
This is a recipe my whole family loves. It's a great breakfast bread. Enjoy!
A traditional Czech pastry, it can be filled with a variety of fillings.
This is a great bread recipe for your bread machine. It's easy and very good.
Very good, tangy bread.
A bread you MUST try! This is one you'll want to keep on hand.
This hearty breakfast muffin recipes packs chocolate chips and pecans into an oatmeal muffin for extra deliciousness.
A fruit-laden and slightly tart loaf. Excellent with tea or coffee.
Great addition to corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day.
Delicious 'pick-me-up-snack' any time of the day for chocolate chip lovers.
- Cathy's Banana Bread
- Sour Cream Biscuits
- Honey Wheat Bread II
- Rice Bread (Pirog)
- Delicious Pumpkin Bread
- Donna's Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Mocha Cream Bread
- Whole Wheat Zucchini Herb Bread
- Milk and Honey Loaf
- Pineapple Bread
- Candied Fruit Bread
- Jalapeno Cheese Bread
- Date Nut Bread
- Garden Herb Loaf
- Strawberry Bread II
- Apple Scones
- Poppy Seed Loaf
- Rory's Most Wonderful Corn Bread
- Grandma's English Muffin Bread
- Monkey Bread V
- Dark and Sweet Rye Bread
- Low-Cholesterol Blueberry Muffins II
- Bread of Life
- Blueberry Anadama Bread
- Mom's Zucchini Bread
- Portugal Cakes
- Cranberry Pineapple Bread
- Chocolate Chip Almond Bread
- Chinky's Puto Bread
- Dr. Michael's Yeasted Cornbread
- Butter Tart Muffins
- Low-Salt White Bread
- Jam Filled Buns
- Crispy Cheese Twists
- Breakfast Muffins
- Whole Wheat Apple Muffins
- Grandma VanDoren's White Bread
- Mother's Banana Bread
- Sweet Potato Rolls
- English Muffin Loaves
- Raisin Loaf
- Chocolate Date Loaf I
- Beer Bread II
- Simple Banana Bread
- Bishop's Bread I
- Sourdough Tomato Bread
- Sourdough Bread I
- Cheddar Biscuits