Orange Pumpkin Loaf
You can try this moist loaf with an orange cream spread, butter, or leave plain. For a variation, try substituting dates for the raisins.
- 1 large orange
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 2Cut orange into wedges, and remove seeds. Place orange, peel and all, in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the pumpkin, water, and the ground orange. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir into batter just until moistened. Stir in nuts and raisins. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan.
- 4Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes, then remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.
Cream cheese in this nutty pumpkin bread gives it a smooth tang and sets it apart from the crowd.
This quick-bread recipe uses orange zest and fresh orange juice for extra-bright citrus flavors everyone will love.
Orange juice and zest lend a delightfully citrus accent to this mildly spiced pumpkin-nut-date bread.
Orange juice and zest really emphasize the fruity quality of this cranberry-nut bread.
A fragrant array of spices -cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice -accent this moist pumpkin-nut bread peppered with juicy raisins. The generous recipe makes three loaves, so plan on giving some away to friends and family.
A rich eggy bread, made easier by preparing the dough in the bread machine.
This was given to me by a friend who also uses a bread machine.
This is a very easy bread to make. Monkey bread also has been called Bubble Bread and Pull Apart Bread.
These go great with Italian sauce dishes, we eat them also as a snack like pretzels! The recipe was given to me from a great Italian cook!
This recipe includes directions for making lemon sauce, a perfect complement to a spicy bread pudding.
This Chinese Steamed Bun recipe has a meat and vegetable filling. The filling is best if allowed to rest in the refrigerator overnight. Use meat that is half fat and half flesh for the most tender filling. A wok equipped with a stainless steel steam plate, a plate with holes to allow steam to pass, is required to make these tasty buns.
60% whole wheat bread that works every time!!
These biscuits are cheesy and rich, and fairly close to the ones a famous seafood restaurant chain serves.
Aloha! Here in Hawaii, malasadas are the ONLY donuts we have! They are sold at fundraisers and are very popular. There are many Portuguese descendants in the islands. Onolicious!
This is an old Slovak recipe. In Slovak it is called Roshky. The rolls are filled with lekvar, a thick, soft fruit spread. This is an all day project. This recipe will make 7 or 8 twelve inch loaves, or some dough may be reserved for lekvar squares.
- Christmas Stollen II
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Oatmeal Bread III
- Cinnamon Bread II
- Czech Christmas Hoska
- Sticky Buns I
- Coconut Pumpkin Nut Bread
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins
- Spelt Bread I
- Dill Pickle Bread
- Yeast-Free Bread
- Chili Bread
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- Irish Soda Bread IV
- Applesauce Raisin Bread
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
- Garlic and Herb Bread
- Dark Rye Bread
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- Portuguese Sweet Bread I
- Favorite Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
- Old Fashion Molasses Bread
- Best Ever Cinnamon Buns
- Snow Day French Toast
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread
- Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- Hot Cross Buns I
- Angel Biscuits II
- Bread Sticks
- Oatmeal Soda Bread
- Beer Rolls
- Jule Kaka
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Angel Biscuit Rolls
- Essene Bread
- Orange Pull-Aparts
- Pan Dulce
- Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze
- Steamed Black Bread
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Oatmeal Bread II
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Golden Cake Batter Bread