Pineapple Tangerine Bread
Take advantage of tangerines when they are in season with this easy to make this fruity bread.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerine zest
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Drain pineapple well, pressing out excess syrup with back of spoon. Reserve 3/4 cup of the syrup.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, reserved syrup, egg, butter and grated tangerine zest. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Make a well in the center, and pour in pineapple mixture. Stir just until blended. Pour batter into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 4Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
This delicious nut bread is sweet with the honeyed citrus flavor of golden pineapple.
Canned pineapple, self-rising flour, sugar and a can of beer combine to make a simple little loaf that shines with the bright, sweet tang of the tropics.
Luscious pineapple is strewn throughout these ambrosial zucchini loaves, perfectly spiced with nutmeg and cinnamon.
Embellish already-wonderful spicy zucchini bread with crushed pineapple, and then ladle on the pineapple glaze. What a terrific idea!
This is the 'traditional' ponczki made by most Polish Grandmothers, like mine. These take time and patience, but the product is worth it. Preferred, traditional frying method is with lard but oil will work fine. I usually mix equal portions. Grandma used a large paper bag, and dropped them in immediately after removing from the fryer. The bag absorbs a lot of the oil. Then, she transferred them to another clean bag, added her choice of coating, and shook the bag.
Bread machine recipe.
Add any fruits, vegetables, nuts and spices that you desire.
Great eaten fresh from oven. Used to make sub sandwiches, etc.
You'll be glad you put the effort into this recipe when you get a ring-shaped bread loaf filled with Muenster cheese.
Ciao! This is an old recipe, hence the enormous measurements. Makes enough for a huge Italian family! You can half the recipe; leave yeast and eggs the same. They are excellent with wine or coffee, and make good teething biscuits if you leave out the fennel seeds.
This is for a pumpkin quick bread that has cream cheese in the middle. I generally double it, and then it makes three 8 X 4 inch loaves. This recipe freezes well.
This is wonderful with spaghetti, lasagna, or another Italian dish, but my family likes it with almost anything. It's very good if made the day before you need it, then split down the middle, buttered, and reheated at mealtime. I use a bread machine, but it can be made without. I like to use the dough cycle, then bake it in a French loaf pan.
This is a very easy bread to make. Monkey bread also has been called Bubble Bread and Pull Apart Bread.
60% whole wheat bread that works every time!!
- Special Banana Bread
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins
- Essene Bread
- Finnish Pulla
- Oatmeal Molasses Bread
- J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- French Toast I
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Beer Rolls
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Mocha Muffins
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Italian Herb Bread II
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins II
- Honey Bran Muffins
- Portuguese Sweet Bread I
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Herman Biscuits
- Polish Doughnuts
- Banana Chip Muffins II
- Christmas Stollen II
- Basic Sourdough Bread
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Snow Day French Toast
- Cinnamon Bread II
- Yeast-Free Bread
- Cottage Cheese Bread II
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- Pizza Crust II
- Strawnana Bread
- Angel Biscuits II
- Baked Pretzels
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Czech Christmas Hoska
- Indian Naan II
- Banana Macadamia Nut Bread
- Oat Bran Bread
- Honey and Flaxseed Bread
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Bread Bowls II