Pumpkin Bread I
This is recipe that I modified several years ago to lower the calories and fat. Also, by using 3 medium loaf pans instead of one regular loaf pan, the bread is eaten before it dries out. I freeze the other two loaves.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three 7 1/2 x 3 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- 2In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, soda, salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well. Add applesauce, eggs, pumpkin, and water. Mix batter until well combined. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3Bake until tester inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
A fragrant array of spices -cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice -accent this moist pumpkin-nut bread peppered with juicy raisins. The generous recipe makes three loaves, so plan on giving some away to friends and family.
Flaked coconut adds chewy sweetness to spicy pumpkin-nut bread.
These two loaves of moist, dense pumpkin nut bread get their pizzazz from lots of cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
Coffee cans make excellent baking tins for breads, as proven here with one-pound cans substituting for conventional bread pans. Well-spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, the three medium loaves from this recipe are milder in pumpkin flavor than ot
This version of sweet pumpkin bread is enhanced with raisins or nuts.
Here's some yummy, Chinese dim sum you can make, either plain without meat fillings, or with meat fillings. A wok equipped with a stainless steel steam plate, a plate with holes to allow steam to pass, is required to make these tasty buns. You may use milk in place of the warm water if you wish.
This bread takes pumpkin bread to a whole new realm. I invented this one day when thinking of how to make pumpkin bread retain its moistness even longer. Solution: coconut milk!
This is our family favorite! Very moist.
This makes a great gift for friends and neighbors. Also great for Christmas Bazaar item. Decorate with pretty label and a circle of Christmas fabric under the jar ring. Using the same basic recipe you can substitute different fruits and vegetables to make other varieties.
Traditional Czechoslovakian Christmas Bread. Serve with butter. Some people toast it, use jelly, or even butter and powdered sugar...depending upon local customs and family preference. It is a day-long project, but well worth the effort.
One of our Christmas breakfast traditions - we make cherry, apricot and blueberry.
This is an easy recipe for a loaf of black bread with caraway seed for bread machines.
This is an Italian Christmas bread. This recipe is only suitable for the bread machine. I have tried it many times successfully, you will love it.
After much trial and error, I've come up with this basic scone recipe which rivals the scones at Tea & Sympathy in NYC.
This recipe is for the bread machine. It is similar to homemade grandmother's sweet bread.
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- Country Seed Bread
- The All-Good Loaf
- Italian Herb Bread II
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Banana Chip Muffins II
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread
- Sourdough Wheat Bread
- French Toast I
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Sticky Buns II
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Indian Naan II
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Steve's Whole Wheat
- Fondue Bread
- Italian Cheese Bread
- Slovak Nut Rolls
- Zucchini Pineapple Bread I
- Maple Muffins
- Pistachio Bread
- French Herb Bread
- Potato Bread III
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Golden Cake Batter Bread
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- Baked Pretzels
- Welsh Bread
- Chinese Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)
- Bread Bowls II
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins II
- Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce I
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- Banana Macadamia Nut Bread
- Spiced Apple Muffins
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze
- Grill Dough
- Old Fashion Molasses Bread
- High Flavor Bran Bread
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Pan Dulce
- Basic Sourdough Bread
- French Baguettes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread