Pumpkin Bread III
This recipe has been in my family for generations. It's incredibly delicious with a wonderful spice flavor. Try to use coffee cans to bake them in - makes all the difference in the world! A wonderful Christmas gift.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 - 1 pound coffee cans.
- 2Sift together the dry ingredients .
- 3Combine the vegetable oil, water, canned pumpkin and eggs. Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix until blended
- 4Evenly distribute the batter between the coffee cans. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top of bread is browned. Cool bread in coffee cans on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from cans by running a knife around the inside and turning can upside down to dislodge bread (should slide right out!). Cool completely.
A fragrant array of spices -cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice -accent this moist pumpkin-nut bread peppered with juicy raisins. The generous recipe makes three loaves, so plan on giving some away to friends and family.
This better-for-you version of pumpkin bread substitutes applesauce for the vegetable oil.
Flaked coconut adds chewy sweetness to spicy pumpkin-nut bread.
This version of sweet pumpkin bread is enhanced with raisins or nuts.
These two loaves of moist, dense pumpkin nut bread get their pizzazz from lots of cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
You can either bake this bread or fry it. For variety, I like to make four of each.
Whole wheat hot cross buns from scratch.
I learned how to make these growing up watching my mother Alma. We have never used an actual recipe, but for your convenience I came up with one.
Oatmeal Molasses Bread via the bread machine. I often just use the dough cycle, take the dough out when done, and let it rise on more time. I then bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 28 minutes. The texture is just like a real homemade loaf. Enjoy!!!!!
A delicious dinner roll that is made from beer, honey, and a slight pinch of cinnamon. Excellent with turkey, roasts etc. Different beer may be substituted, but be advised that a highly hopped beer will create an astringent bitter taste. The unique taste comes from the malt used in making the beer.
Pumpkin Bread, a tried and true recipe. I usually make it without the raisins and walnuts, and I get tons of compliments!
These muffins are a chocolatey treat thanks to the double chocolate punch of cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
This is a great biscuit recipe for using Herman sourdough starter.
Melt in your mouth quick bread for the bread machine.
Use a good sourdough starter, one you have tended to, for best flavor.
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Jule Kaka
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- Polish Doughnuts
- Southern Butter Rolls
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Old Fashion Molasses Bread
- Golden Cake Batter Bread
- Herman Coffee Cake
- Panettone II
- Steve's Whole Wheat
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Coconut Pumpkin Nut Bread
- Sticky Buns I
- Swiss Christmas Bread
- Sourdough Wheat Bread
- Chinese Steamed Buns
- Finnish Pulla
- Banana Chip Muffins II
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- Special Banana Bread
- Bread Machine Challah I
- European Black Bread
- Country Seed Bread
- Honey Oatmeal Bread I
- Yeast-Free Bread
- Steamed Black Bread
- French Herb Bread
- Applesauce Raisin Bread
- French Brioche
- Pan Dulce
- German Rye Bread
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Angel Biscuit Rolls
- Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- Blueberry Bread II
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Julia's Hot Cross Buns
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Cinnamon Bread II
- Irish Soda Bread IV