Pumpkin Bread V
Pumpkin Bread, a tried and true recipe. I usually make it without the raisins and walnuts, and I get tons of compliments!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and cloves.
- 2In a separate bowl, cream together shortening and brown sugar. Mix in eggs, pumpkin, and milk. Stir flour mixture into wet mixture until just combined. Fold in raisins and walnuts if desired. Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees ) for 50 to 55 minutes.
This is a lower calorie quick bread that does not skimp on flavor. Buttermilk guarantees a moist crumb, too. Great for afternoon snack.
Blessedly heavy on the coconut, thanks to two packages of pudding mix, this sweet quick bread is gently spiced with cinnamon.
A fragrant array of spices -cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice -accent this moist pumpkin-nut bread peppered with juicy raisins. The generous recipe makes three loaves, so plan on giving some away to friends and family.
Flaked coconut adds chewy sweetness to spicy pumpkin-nut bread.
This better-for-you version of pumpkin bread substitutes applesauce for the vegetable oil.
This version of sweet pumpkin bread is enhanced with raisins or nuts.
This is an Italian Christmas bread. This recipe is only suitable for the bread machine. I have tried it many times successfully, you will love it.
Cheesy, applely bran muffins that make a great breakfast or afternoon snack.
This a very simple recipe to make and a very flavorful one at that, I do believe that everyone will love it! You may use thawed frozen blueberries if fresh ones are unavailable.
This bread is made with spelt flour. Spelt and lecithin can be purchased at health food stores.
This is an authentic Indian Naan recipe. I have made this many times. It goes well with Indian curry which has a lot of gravy, such as the Butter Chicken.
This bread contains no wheat, eggs, cow's milk, or yeast. I find all of these ingredients in our large health food store and food co-op.
Melt in your mouth quick bread for the bread machine.
Bread bowls from frozen bread dough. These are great. Serve these with a salad or a very thick soup.
A quick banana bread for the bread machine. Use the DOUGH setting for mixing, then BAKE with the control set to light.
This is our family favorite! Very moist.
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- Blueberry Bread II
- European Black Bread
- Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Yeast-Free Bread
- Quick and Easy Monkey Bread
- Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mocha Muffins
- Sticky Buns II
- Portuguese Sweet Bread I
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Bread Machine Challah I
- Pumpernickel Bread II
- Banana Nut Oatmeal Bread
- Pan Dulce
- Angel Biscuit Rolls
- Tomato Basil Sherry Bread
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- Salt Rising Bread
- Cherry Vanilla Chip Muffins
- Kolaches II
- Batter White Bread
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- The All-Good Loaf
- Maple Muffins
- Onion, Garlic, Cheese Bread
- Best Ever Cinnamon Buns
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Fondue Bread
- Pita Bread
- Whole Wheat Bread II
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Bread Sticks
- Pear-a-dise Muffins
- J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits
- Strawnana Bread
- Steamed Black Bread
- Light Oat Bread
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- Herman Biscuits