Raisin Bread III
This recipe uses a white bread straight dough as the base. When making raisin bread, you may use brown sugar instead of white. Grated orange or lemon rind may be added.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups raisins
- 1Scald milk.
- 2Soften yeast in warm water; let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Pour scalded milk over sugar, shortening, and salt in a bowl. When lukewarm, blend in raisins and 1 cup flour.
- 4Stir in yeast and beat well. Add 3 cups flour, continue beating until smooth. Beat in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn on lightly floured surface; let rest about 5 minutes.
- 5Knead until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a greased bowl; turn to bring greased surface to top. Cover, let stand in warm place until dough is doubled, about 1 hour.
- 6Punch down, cover, and let rise again until almost doubled in bulk.
- 7Turn on lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half; let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- 8Shape into loaves. Place in 2 greased loaf pans 9 1/2 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4 inches. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 9Bake in a 400 degree F (205 degrees C) oven for about 50 minutes.
This not-too-sweet raisin bread with a cinnamon accent is made without yeast, so you will not have to wait nearly so long to enjoy it.
Raisin bread the way it is meant to be -rolled around the sweetened cinnamon butter so that the spice ribbons throughout the loaf. This generous recipe will give you three lovely loaves.
This bread takes pumpkin bread to a whole new realm. I invented this one day when thinking of how to make pumpkin bread retain its moistness even longer. Solution: coconut milk!
A strong tasting cheese bread.
This bread is made with spelt flour. Spelt and lecithin can be purchased at health food stores.
This Chinese Steamed Bun recipe has a meat and vegetable filling. The filling is best if allowed to rest in the refrigerator overnight. Use meat that is half fat and half flesh for the most tender filling. A wok equipped with a stainless steel steam plate, a plate with holes to allow steam to pass, is required to make these tasty buns.
This pull-apart bread accented with orange zest makes a nice treat to go with coffee. It's been Grandpa approved!
A white bread recipe without a strong yeast flavor. Proofing the yeast first eliminates some of the yeast taste from the final product.
I've used dill in breads and just love the flavor, but one day while preparing hamburgers, I wondered if I could use actual pickles. Here is my creation use dill pickle juice for half of the water for the deluxe version. Enjoy!
Melt in your mouth lemony-goodness! These muffins are LEMONY, but delicious! If you prefer, use less lemon juice for the glaze and substitute equal amount of milk for glaze. Or, simply forgo the glaze but this really adds to the overall taste. Also, you may use 24 mini-muffin tins, bake only 10-12 minutes.
This cake like bread is the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of coffee. It uses Herman sweet sourdough starter.
- Favorite Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Angel Biscuits II
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Maple Muffins
- Mary Anne's Moist and Nutty Carrot Loaf
- Blueberry Bread II
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins I
- Honey Bran Muffins
- Oatmeal Bread II
- European Black Bread
- Steve's Whole Wheat
- Old Fashion Molasses Bread
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Oatmeal Soda Bread
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Pear-a-dise Muffins
- Mocha Muffins
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Raisin Bread II
- Hot Cross Buns II
- Pizza Crust I
- Easter Bread Ring
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Polish Doughnuts
- Amish Cinnamon Bread
- Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread
- Spiced Apple Muffins
- Banana Chip Muffins II
- Essene Bread
- Salt Rising Bread
- Czech Christmas Hoska
- Swiss Christmas Bread
- Irish Soda Bread III
- Oatmeal Bread III
- Slovak Nut Rolls
- Hot Cross Buns I
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- Pain Perdu I
- Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread