Rory's Most Wonderful Corn Bread
This is a very sweet, delicious, cake - like cornbread that incorporates broccoli and cottage cheese to produce a heavenly tasting cornbread. I have tried this recipe on a number of anti-broccoli children and adults and they all end up begging me to make more.
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch square baking pan.
- 2Combine the eggs, cornbread mix, cottage cheese, broccoli, chopped onion, and melted butter or margarine and mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes.
This is our family favorite! Very moist.
This is the bread that Ezekiel lived off of while he was in the desert for two years. It is supposed to be nutritionally complete. The recipe calls for grinding your own flour from a variety of grains and dried beans.
This cornbread is considered a favorite in our family. It was given to me by my mother-in-law. It is a very thick and hearty cornbread and goes well with most anything. You can also add tomatoes and ground beef.
A yeast doughnut coated with sugar.
After much trial and error, I've come up with this basic scone recipe which rivals the scones at Tea & Sympathy in NYC.
These are wheat free, dairy free, low sugar, low fat muffins and you'd never know it. Sucant is dried can juice. It can be found in health food stores. If you don't eat them in the first two days, freeze them. Thaw in microwave for 30 seconds apiece and they will taste freshly baked.
Add any fruits, vegetables, nuts and spices that you desire.
A very easy, very good tasting bread. Best if made the day before, or several hours before serving.
Slightly sweet whole wheat bread. Use stone ground flour if available. This is a very big recipe, you may want to divide it in half.
This is a great biscuit recipe for using Herman sourdough starter.
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Chili Bread
- Cinnamon Bread II
- Oatmeal Bread III
- Banana Chip Muffins II
- Hot Cross Buns II
- Herman Coffee Cake
- Honey Oatmeal Bread I
- Snow Day French Toast
- Pita Bread
- Zucchini Pineapple Bread I
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Blueberry Orange Bread
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Light Oat Bread
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
- Golden Cake Batter Bread
- Mocha Muffins
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- German Rye Bread
- Old Fashion Molasses Bread
- Easy Rice Bread
- Applesauce Raisin Bread
- Christmas Stollen II
- Russian Black Bread
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Brunch Cream Cheese Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Czech Christmas Hoska
- Indian Naan II
- Oat Bran Bread
- Baked Pretzels
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Country Seed Bread
- Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread
- Angel Biscuit Rolls
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Slovak Nut Rolls
- Amish Cinnamon Bread
- Banana Nut Oatmeal Bread
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- Essene Bread
- Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- Raisin Bread II