Savory Onion Bread
Sharp cheddar cheese combined with tender onions and it 's a quick bread that goes great with green salads.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease one 8 inch round or one 8x8 inch square pan.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder and salt, cut in 2 tablespoons of the butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup of the grated cheese. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- 3Fry the onion in 1 tablespoon of the butter or margarine until clear and golden. Set aside.
- 4In a small bowl beat the egg and stir in the milk and the cooked onion. Pour egg mixture into the well in the flour mixture. Stir until just moistened. You will have a soft dough. Pat dough into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup grated cheese over top.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Serve hot. Makes about 6 servings.
This a very simple recipe to make and a very flavorful one at that, I do believe that everyone will love it! You may use thawed frozen blueberries if fresh ones are unavailable.
This is a spicy bread, good with black bean soup. Make it for the chili lover in your life.
This recipe for fougasse, the French version of the Italian focaccia bread, is topped with mixed herbs. The flat bread can be slashed to form shapes (a leaf, tree, or wheat stalk), or the slits can be cut to form a lattice, making the bread easy to pull apart.
A very easy, very good tasting bread. Best if made the day before, or several hours before serving.
This is wonderful with spaghetti, lasagna, or another Italian dish, but my family likes it with almost anything. It's very good if made the day before you need it, then split down the middle, buttered, and reheated at mealtime. I use a bread machine, but it can be made without. I like to use the dough cycle, then bake it in a French loaf pan.
You can either bake this bread or fry it. For variety, I like to make four of each.
This recipe will produce the biggest biscuits in the history of the world! Serve these gems with butter, preserves, honey, gravy or they can also be used as dinner rolls...you get the picture. The dough can also be prepared several hours, and up to a day ahead of time. If so, turn dough out onto aluminum foil that has been either floured, lightly buttered or lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Roll up foil until it is sealed, and refrigerate. Don't be surprised if your biscuits rise even higher because the baking powder has had more time to act in the dough. You may have to make a few batches before you get desired results: desired results equals huge mongo biscuits.
A nice texture and flavor, great with any Italian food. Grill with a little butter and garlic for garlic bread.
An easy to make batter bread it's also called Sally Lunn Bread.
Whole wheat hot cross buns from scratch.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread
- Spelt Bread I
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Bread Bowls II
- Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- Polish Doughnuts
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Chinese Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins I
- Raisin Bread II
- High Flavor Bran Bread
- Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce I
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Steamed Black Bread
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Zucchini Pineapple Bread I
- The All-Good Loaf
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Oatmeal Soda Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread
- Yeast-Free Bread
- Salt Rising Bread
- Pain Perdu I
- Slovak Nut Rolls
- Hot Cross Buns I
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pizza Crust I
- Swiss Christmas Bread
- Cherry Vanilla Chip Muffins
- Maple Muffins
- Chinese Steamed Buns
- German Rye Bread
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- Oatmeal Bread III
- Panettone II
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Sausage Bread
- Czech Christmas Hoska
- Sticky Buns II