Seminole Pumpkin Bread
A tasty pumpkin treat.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1Cook, peel and mash the sugar pumpkin.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Gradually add pumpkin, sugar and water to make a soft dough.
- 3When it just holds together, knead several minutes. Divide dough into 4 - 6 equal parts. Knead each portion again several minutes or until it becomes a soft, smooth ball. Roll out each portion 1/4 inch thick. Another method is to pinch off small pieces of dough and form into individual cakes 2 - 3 inch across.
- 4In a large iron skillet, fry in very hot vegetable oil (about 1inch in depth) until brown on one side. Flip over and brown other side. The bread will puff up and get crisp and chewy. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
This loaf features a strong pumpkin taste enhanced by brown sugar, with a lighter spice component that does not rely as much on cinnamon as other renditions of this popular bread. The optional nuts and raisins can be included to suit individual tastes.
This is a lower calorie quick bread that does not skimp on flavor. Buttermilk guarantees a moist crumb, too. Great for afternoon snack.
Blessedly heavy on the coconut, thanks to two packages of pudding mix, this sweet quick bread is gently spiced with cinnamon.
A fragrant array of spices -cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice -accent this moist pumpkin-nut bread peppered with juicy raisins. The generous recipe makes three loaves, so plan on giving some away to friends and family.
Flaked coconut adds chewy sweetness to spicy pumpkin-nut bread.
This better-for-you version of pumpkin bread substitutes applesauce for the vegetable oil.
You may find these buns in the local Chinese restaurants. They do take time to make but they are yummy!
This steamed bread is made with graham flour, a coarsely ground whole wheat flour. The cooking method makes it moist.
Hot cross buns! Hot cross buns!
Use a good sourdough starter, one you have tended to, for best flavor.
This is so good and reminds me of a real moist kind of a sweet quick bread. Everybody asks for the recipe: this bread is moist, and easy to make too. Note: If you are using frozen blueberries, you can thaw them in the microwave for about 3 minutes. However, you need to increase the amount of blueberries to 3/4 cup.
This is the 'traditional' ponczki made by most Polish Grandmothers, like mine. These take time and patience, but the product is worth it. Preferred, traditional frying method is with lard but oil will work fine. I usually mix equal portions. Grandma used a large paper bag, and dropped them in immediately after removing from the fryer. The bag absorbs a lot of the oil. Then, she transferred them to another clean bag, added her choice of coating, and shook the bag.
This recipe was given to my mom from our neighbor. The bread is so sweet and delicious! It's still very scrumptious if you choose not to use the glaze. They are the BEST GUARANTEED!
This is a great biscuit recipe for using Herman sourdough starter.
This recipe for fougasse, the French version of the Italian focaccia bread, is topped with mixed herbs. The flat bread can be slashed to form shapes (a leaf, tree, or wheat stalk), or the slits can be cut to form a lattice, making the bread easy to pull apart.
- Raisin Bread III
- J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Blueberry Orange Bread
- French Brioche
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- Raisin Brown Bread
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Russian Black Bread
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- European Black Bread
- Oatmeal Soda Bread
- Essene Bread
- Dizzy Pineapple Bread
- Basic Sourdough Bread
- Southern Butter Rolls
- Lefse II
- Strawnana Bread
- French Toast I
- Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Whole Wheat Bread II
- Chili Bread
- Creamy Banana Bread
- Jule Kaka
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- Ron's Fruit Bread
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Pita Bread
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- The All-Good Loaf
- Polish Doughnuts
- Coconut Pumpkin Nut Bread
- Sticky Buns II
- Apple Raisin Bread
- Honey Bran Muffins
- Easy Rice Bread
- Golden Cake Batter Bread
- Angel Biscuits II
- Sourdough Wheat Bread
- Banana Nut Oatmeal Bread
- Oatmeal Bread II
- Pear-a-dise Muffins
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- French Baguettes
- Herman Sourdough Starter