Sour Cream and Onion Bread
A delicious bread that stays fresh long, and makes an excellent gift!
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Place flour, sugar, salt, wheat germ, yeast, dried soup, sour cream, and water in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the dough cycle, and press start.
- 2Shape dough, and place in a greased loaf pan. Place in a warm spot, and allow to rise until doubled in size.
- 3Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes. Cool.
Some wheat bread recipes are hard to make, but this isn't one of them, thanks to the use of your bread machine.
A delicious cake like bread that has the added benefit of being very low in fat.
Great with pasta and stuff or to toast and snack on.
This flavorful loaf of bread gets a savory flavor of onion thanks to the simple addition of a packet of onion soup mix.
Goes well with meat and soup dishes.
This is a wonderful bread to serve during the fall holidays. The coconut makes it moist.
Prepare the starter in a glass container. Store the covered container in the refrigerator when the starter is done. The starter dough may smell very sour and liquid may form on its surface, but this is normal. Stir the starter before each use. After using some of the starter, be sure 1 cup of starter is left in the container.
This is a bread machine recipe.
This is an old 4H bread recipe my daughter used to make in the 50's. Best one I ever ate.
This is a great tasting loaf, fruity and nutty at the same time.
This is a basic delicious Italian bread.
Rich looking and great tasting. Make today and cut tomorrow.
This loaf is light in color and comes from New Zealand.
Bread with blueberries in it. This bread is very good right out of the oven, or toasted.
- Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread
- Strawberry Bread II
- Pumpkin Bread IV
- Cathy's Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Loaf
- Donna's Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Milk and Honey Loaf
- Buttermilk White Bread
- Banana Nut Muffins
- Cheddar Cheese Straws
- Sweet Honey French Bread
- Cinnamon Carrot Bread
- Banana Coconut Loaf
- Cinnamon Bread I
- Honey Wheat Bread II
- Easy Banana Bread
- Rory's Most Wonderful Corn Bread
- Tortillas I
- Pina Colada Bread
- Hot Water Cornmeal Bread
- Grandma VanDoren's White Bread
- Hot Onion Pinwheels
- Pineapple Tangerine Bread
- Babka I
- Crispy Cheese Twists
- Beer Bread I
- Honey Wheat Bread I
- Date Nut Bread
- Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- Nana's Nut Bread
- Dad's Orange Cardamom Breakfast Rolls
- Sy's Challah
- Luxury Loaf
- Beer Biscuits
- Abby's Super Zucchini Loaf
- Zucchini Bread
- Fake Sourdough Biscuits
- Nut and Fruit Bread
- Mocha Cream Bread
- Butter Tart Muffins
- Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
- Uncle Wynn's Bread Machine Rye
- French Bread
- Buttered Biscuits
- Low-Cholesterol Blueberry Muffins II
- Mexican Style Cornbread
- Mennonite Orange Muffins
- Monkey Bread IV