Sourdough Bread I
Sour dough bread that takes time to prepare, but worth the wait!!
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 6 cups bread flour
- 1Mix sugar, corn oil, salt, water, and 1 cup of sourdough starter together in a large bowl. Sift the flour and add to the mixture. Grease or oil the dough. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover, and let rise overnight.
- 2The next day, knead the dough for 10 minutes. Divide in half, and place into two greased 4 x 8 inch bread pans. Allow the dough to double in size.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and taps hollow. Turn out to cool on wire racks.
Use your favorite starter to make this basic, easy-to-make loaf in your bread machine.
A little forethought is required here, as the starter takes several days to ferment. Once you combine it with flour, yeast and other standard bread ingredients, you 'll get a San Francisco-style sour loaf that will do you proud.
This bread is very good right out of the oven, or toasted. Dried blueberry's are hard to find and very expensive; try the Baker's Catalog. The expense is worth every bit!
This bread is made with spelt flour. Spelt and lecithin can be purchased at health food stores.
A slightly sweet bread with a great flavor combination of raisins and caraway seeds.
This is a sprouted bread recipe - very old, and said to have been created back in the biblical days. Also, this recipe literally, takes days to make. Your efforts and time will be well rewarded with a couple of the most singular breads-solid, sweet, and moist. Wheat berries are available from your local natural foods store. Traditionally, Essene bread was probably baked on hot rocks under scorching sunlight, but where I and most of us live, this is not possible. Baking at the oven temperatures which I suggest might destroy the sprout enzymes, but monitoring baking loaves for much longer than 2 hours is too long for me. Guaranteeing the preservation of the enzymes might require baking at a very low temperature for perhaps 4 hours. If you have the stamina, then go for it.
You'll be glad you put the effort into this recipe when you get a ring-shaped bread loaf filled with Muenster cheese.
These muffins are a chocolatey treat thanks to the double chocolate punch of cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
An easy to make batter bread it's also called Sally Lunn Bread.
Great with a cup of coffee or tea or anytime! You may substitute chopped dried pears for the dried cherries if you wish.
Simple sourdough bread for the bread machine.
Melt in your mouth lemony-goodness! These muffins are LEMONY, but delicious! If you prefer, use less lemon juice for the glaze and substitute equal amount of milk for glaze. Or, simply forgo the glaze but this really adds to the overall taste. Also, you may use 24 mini-muffin tins, bake only 10-12 minutes.
- Jule Kaka
- Grill Dough
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- French Brioche
- Herman Coffee Cake
- Kolaches II
- Dark Rye Bread
- Blueberry Orange Bread
- Oatmeal Soda Bread
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- French Baguettes
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- Irish Soda Bread III
- Golly Gee Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Irish Soda Bread IV
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- Raisin Bread III
- Steamed Black Bread
- Angel Biscuits II
- Carrot Thyme Bread
- French Toast I
- European Black Bread
- Czech Christmas Hoska
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits
- Beer Rolls
- Snow Day French Toast
- Oat Bran Bread
- Ron's Bread Machine White
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Apple Raisin Bread
- Sticky Buns II
- Chinese Steamed Buns with Meat Filling
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Chili Bread
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Banana Macadamia Nut Bread
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- Bread Bowls II
- Sour Cream and Chive Rolls
- Tomato Basil Sherry Bread
- Sticky Buns I