Spelt Bread I
Wheat allergies? Try spelt!
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 7 cups spelt flour
- 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1Stir yeast and sugar, gradually adding warm water. Add about half the flour and the salt and beat well. Add the remainder of the flour gradually to acquire a stiff dough. It may require more or less than 7 cups.
- 2Knead 5 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- 3Put dough into a buttered bowl and turn once to butter surface. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled, keeping it between 80 and 90 degrees F during the entire time of rising, about 2 hours.
- 4Punch down dough with your fist and divide into two parts. Knead and shape into 2 loaves and place into loaf pans. Cover again and allow dough to rise to top of pans.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes.
An easy to make batter bread it's also called Sally Lunn Bread.
This a very simple recipe to make and a very flavorful one at that, I do believe that everyone will love it! You may use thawed frozen blueberries if fresh ones are unavailable.
Vegan bread, that's low fat and healthy. Quinoa and spelt flours are available at most health food stores.
You can vary the flavor of this bread with your choice of olive - Kalamata, Amfisa, Arbequina, Niscoise ... ... ....
Moist bread. Good as written but even better with the addition of raisins, nuts, and spices.
Irish Soda Bread for the bread machine. This recipe makes a wonderfully tasty loaf.
Yes, this is French toast, but a superior one. Unlike normal French toast this batter cooks into a custardy, crispy coating that leaves the bread creamy and oh so good. The use of good egg bread is a must here. Homemade is best, however store bought (such as Hawaiian bread) will work in a pinch.
I've used dill in breads and just love the flavor, but one day while preparing hamburgers, I wondered if I could use actual pickles. Here is my creation use dill pickle juice for half of the water for the deluxe version. Enjoy!
Aloha! Here in Hawaii, malasadas are the ONLY donuts we have! They are sold at fundraisers and are very popular. There are many Portuguese descendants in the islands. Onolicious!
A light, high volume bread machine bread. It works well when you use the Dough selection, and allow the bread to rise in a bread pan.
- Honey Oatmeal Bread I
- Sticky Buns I
- Amish Cinnamon Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Maple Muffins
- Cottage Cheese Bread II
- Grill Dough
- Jule Kaka
- Sticky Buns II
- Italian Cheese Bread
- Oatmeal Bread III
- Bread Sticks
- French Baguettes
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Old Fashion Molasses Bread
- Basic Sourdough Bread
- Baked Pretzels
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Raisin Bread II
- High Flavor Bran Bread
- Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Cinnamon Bread II
- Julia's Hot Cross Buns
- Coconut Pumpkin Nut Bread
- Ezekiel Bread I
- French Herb Bread
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Polish Doughnuts
- Chinese Steamed Buns with Meat Filling
- Steve's Whole Wheat
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- Banana Nut Bread II
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
- Honey Bran Muffins
- Pumpkin Bread V
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce I
- Portuguese Sweet Bread I
- Cherry Vanilla Chip Muffins
- Slovak Nut Rolls
- Chili Bread
- Angel Biscuit Rolls
- Salt Rising Bread
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins II