Quick and easy to make, oh so fruity, and very yummy!!
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, mashed
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9x5 inch pans.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- 3In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, strawberries, bananas, orange peel, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour mixture, and stir just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
- 4Bake for 1 hour, or until loaves test done. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Fresh strawberries and nuts are doused with loads of cinnamon in this fruity quick bread.
Buttermilk and vanilla make for two moist, well-flavored loaves.
This is a big banana-nut loaf with a big banana taste. Baking powder gives extra leavening.
These are referred to as fake sourdough biscuits, but are really refrigerator rolls. Very easy to make, and so handy.
A banana muffin without the guilt.
My family lives for banana bread, and they all say this recipe is heaven!
This aromatic bread can be served with dinner, or the dough can be used for pizza.
Making bagels is fun, but it is a little bit of work. You may use any topping that you wish or none at all. We suggest sesame seeds, poppy seeds or Kosher salt.
This is a good recipe for low-salt white bread. Each loaf should make 16 slices, 105 calories per slice. I've found that in most recipes, you can decrease the sugar by 1/3 (i.e., 3 tablespoons would now be 2 tablespoons), the salt by 2/3 (1 tablespoon would be 1 teaspoon), and replace the shortening with vegetable oil. Each rising time will be 10-15 minutes shorter.
These little buns will disappear in a flash.
Yummy! Everyone's favorite - gooey, sticky, and rich.
This is another great holiday bread to make that belonged to my mother. She sometimes served this one, and it is a very old recipe. This bread is good the first day, but better the second. You may use dates instead of raisins if you wish.
This is a great snack bread made in the bread machine. Spread with jam or honey and serve as an after school treat. You can use your favorite style of peanut butter with this one. My favorite is extra crunchy.
- Bishop's Bread I
- The Best Corn Bread You'll Ever Eat
- Amish Friendship Bread I
- Banana Chip Muffins I
- Orange Pumpkin Loaf
- Dr. Michael's Yeasted Cornbread
- Sy's Challah
- Beaten Biscuits
- Uncle Wynn's Bread Machine Rye
- Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins
- Grandma VanDoren's White Bread
- Blueberry Bread I
- Kolaches I
- Mustard Wheat Rye Sandwich Bread
- Buttered Biscuits
- Cracklin' Bread I
- Irish Soda Bread II
- Blue Ribbon Overnight Rolls
- Dad's Orange Cardamom Breakfast Rolls
- Poppy Seed Bread I
- Strawberry Nut Bread
- Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls
- Banana Wheat Bread
- Pumpernickel Bread I
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
- English Muffins
- Bruce's Honey Sesame Bread
- Cheddar Muffins
- Beer Bread I
- Bran Muffins I
- Nick's Favorite Cherry Pecan Bread
- Apple Scones
- Cranberry Loaf
- Zucchini Muffins
- Poppy Seed Muffins
- Candied Fruit Bread
- Braided Egg Bread
- Pepperoni-filled Bread
- Rice Bread (Pirog)
- Sourdough Bread II
- Orange Cinnamon Sticks
- Cranberry Pineapple Bread
- Chocolate Chip Orange Zucchini Bread
- New York Rye Bread
- Dark and Sweet Rye Bread
- Grandma Cornish's Whole Wheat Potato Bread