A slightly sweet bread with a great flavor combination of raisins and caraway seeds.
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1Combine the vinegar and the milk. Let stand for at least 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- 2Add the vinegar mixture, brown sugar, egg, butter, salt, molasses, bread flour, baking soda, caraway seeds and yeast in the order directed by your bread machine's manufacturer.
- 3Set machine to basic cycle (fruit bread, white bread, etc depending on your bread machine), medium crust setting. Add the raisins when indicated to by your bread machine's manufacturer.
- 4Alternately this bread can be mixed in the bread machine and then bake in the oven. Set bread machine to dough setting. Remove dough, shape into a loaf, cover and let rise in a warm place, until just under doubled in size. This will take about 1 hour. Bake the bread in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 to 45 minutes. Bread will golden brown and sound hollow when thumped on the bottom.
A dense, moist loaf with buttermilk and sour cream, this bread also incorporates raisins and caraway seeds for heightened flavor.
Dotted with raisins, candied cherries, nuts and citron, this spicy, sweet yeast bread makes a pretty holiday party offering.
Irish Soda Bread for the bread machine. This recipe makes a wonderfully tasty loaf.
A rich eggy bread, made easier by preparing the dough in the bread machine.
This is a very good bread to have with baked beans, or just on it's own. This recipe can also be used to make rolls.
A unique bread with a sweet flavor that makes a wonderful holiday gift! It takes about 4 hours to make, so allow yourself plenty of time.
A delicious whole grain bread. It is my favorite bread of all time! It is for bread makers. You may substitute vegetable oil for flaxseed oil if flaxseed oil is unavailable.
Yum! What can be better than a hot sticky bun for breakfast-or a late night snack? Pop one (leftover) into the microwave for a few seconds to make them taste fresh from the oven.
A yeast doughnut coated with sugar.
I have been using this recipe for a few years now, and it remains my family's favorite for banana bread! The combination of bananas and cream cheese make this a very moist bread.
This bread is wonderful and sweet. Omit the raisins for just a plain good cinnamon bread.
There are many, fancy variations on this basic recipe. This recipe works with many types of bread - white, whole wheat, cinnamon-raisin, Italian or French. Serve hot with butter or margarine and maple syrup.
- Cottage Cheese Bread II
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Oatmeal Bread II
- Tomato Basil Sherry Bread
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread
- Tarradls (Italian Pepper Rings)
- Coconut Pumpkin Nut Bread
- Beer Rolls
- Maple Muffins
- Blueberry Bread II
- Indian Naan II
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Slovak Nut Rolls
- Raisin Bread III
- Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce I
- European Black Bread
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Angel Biscuits II
- Julia's Hot Cross Buns
- Whole Wheat Bread II
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread
- Irish Soda Bread IV
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Steamed Black Bread
- Mocha Muffins
- Dark Rye Bread
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Sour Cream and Chive Rolls
- Irish Soda Bread III
- Panettone II
- Strawnana Bread
- Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpernickel Bread II
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Southern Butter Rolls
- Chinese Steamed Buns with Meat Filling
- Baked Pretzels
- Welsh Bread
- Easy Rice Bread
- Yeast-Free Bread
- Chinese Steamed Buns with BBQ Pork Filling
- Spelt Bread I
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
- Old Fashion Molasses Bread
- Orange Pull-Aparts
- Sourdough Wheat Bread