Whole Wheat Bread II
Slightly sweet whole wheat bread. Use stone ground flour if available. This is a very big recipe, you may want to divide it in half.
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups bread flour
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 1Dissolve brown sugar in 1 cup hot water. Add shortening, and stir to melt. Let cool.
- 2In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 4 cups warm water. Add white sugar, salt, and bread flour. Beat well. Stir in shortening mixture. Stir in enough whole wheat flour to make a stiff but not dry dough.
- 3Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a large, well oiled bowl. Cover, and allow to rise until dough doubles in bulk.
- 4Divide dough into four equal parts. Shape into loaves. Place in greased, 9 x 5 inch pans, turning each loaf over in pan to grease top. Allow to rise until dough doubles in bulk.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
Cracked wheat berries give nutty taste and texture to this honey wheat bread made with lard.
The bread machine makes this classic combination pretty easy to come by.
This honey wheat bread is proof that wonderful flavor, texture and aroma can be had if you just follow a straightforward game plan.
Quick and easy rolled oat bread.
Yum! What can be better than a hot sticky bun for breakfast-or a late night snack? Pop one (leftover) into the microwave for a few seconds to make them taste fresh from the oven.
This is a very easy bread to make. Monkey bread also has been called Bubble Bread and Pull Apart Bread.
Oatmeal Molasses Bread via the bread machine. I often just use the dough cycle, take the dough out when done, and let it rise on more time. I then bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 28 minutes. The texture is just like a real homemade loaf. Enjoy!!!!!
This is a moist banana bread recipe that I make fairly often with leftover, very ripe bananas.
This bread contains no wheat, eggs, cow's milk, or yeast. I find all of these ingredients in our large health food store and food co-op.
These muffins are a chocolatey treat thanks to the double chocolate punch of cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
Use a good sourdough starter, one you have tended to, for best flavor.
These go great with Italian sauce dishes, we eat them also as a snack like pretzels! The recipe was given to me from a great Italian cook!
This recipe will produce the biggest biscuits in the history of the world! Serve these gems with butter, preserves, honey, gravy or they can also be used as dinner rolls...you get the picture. The dough can also be prepared several hours, and up to a day ahead of time. If so, turn dough out onto aluminum foil that has been either floured, lightly buttered or lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Roll up foil until it is sealed, and refrigerate. Don't be surprised if your biscuits rise even higher because the baking powder has had more time to act in the dough. You may have to make a few batches before you get desired results: desired results equals huge mongo biscuits.
- Banana Bread - Quick Bread for Machines
- Pear-a-dise Muffins
- Pistachio Bread
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- Sticky Buns II
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- Russian Black Bread
- Blueberry Orange Bread
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Slovak Nut Rolls
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Grill Dough
- Swiss Christmas Bread
- Cherry Vanilla Chip Muffins
- Favorite Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
- Irish Soda Bread III
- Sausage Bread
- Chinese Steamed Buns
- Coconut Pumpkin Nut Bread
- Homemade Wonderful Bread
- Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread
- Herman Coffee Cake
- Bread Machine Challah I
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Cottage Cheese Bread II
- Pain Perdu I
- Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze
- Banana Nut Oatmeal Bread
- Angel Biscuit Rolls
- Morning Glory Muffins I
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mocha Muffins
- Beer Rolls
- Zucchini Pineapple Bread I
- Southern Butter Rolls
- Hot Cross Buns I
- Strawnana Bread
- Italian Herb Bread II
- German Rye Bread
- Honey and Flaxseed Bread
- Blueberry Bread II
- Angel Biscuits II
- Czech Christmas Hoska
- Bread Machine Spelt Bread