This is a variation of Beer Bread. It makes a fat-free, loaf shaped 'biscuit' that does not brown very well. Sliced thin, it makes a great toast for breakfast.
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 2Combine the flour, sugar and carbonated beverage. Mix well and place into the prepared pan.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Note: If using a sweetened carbonated beverage cut back on the sugar a little.
Add Cheddar cheese and chilies to self-rising flour and beer, and you have yourself a zippy bread that goes great with salads, barbecue and chili.
Self-rising flour, beer and a little sugar make an easy, tasty quick bread that serves as a fine accompaniment to hearty entrees.
Slightly sweet whole wheat bread. Use stone ground flour if available. This is a very big recipe, you may want to divide it in half.
This is a spicy bread, good with black bean soup. Make it for the chili lover in your life.
Bread machine recipe.
Savory and tasty!
This is a sprouted bread recipe - very old, and said to have been created back in the biblical days. Also, this recipe literally, takes days to make. Your efforts and time will be well rewarded with a couple of the most singular breads-solid, sweet, and moist. Wheat berries are available from your local natural foods store. Traditionally, Essene bread was probably baked on hot rocks under scorching sunlight, but where I and most of us live, this is not possible. Baking at the oven temperatures which I suggest might destroy the sprout enzymes, but monitoring baking loaves for much longer than 2 hours is too long for me. Guaranteeing the preservation of the enzymes might require baking at a very low temperature for perhaps 4 hours. If you have the stamina, then go for it.
This a very simple recipe to make and a very flavorful one at that, I do believe that everyone will love it! You may use thawed frozen blueberries if fresh ones are unavailable.
Hot cross buns! Hot cross buns!
Moist banana bread for the bread machine. All the flavor less of the work!
Very good!!! The extra sugar makes for a better rise.
This makes a crust for one large homemade pizza, mmmm, good! Be sure all your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Kolaches II
- Italian Cheese Bread
- Chinese Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)
- Sticky Buns II
- Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce I
- Banana Nut Oatmeal Bread
- Jule Kaka
- Herman Sourdough Starter
- Christmas Stollen II
- Spelt Bread I
- Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread
- French Herb Bread
- Bread Sticks
- Cinnamon Bread II
- Apple Bran Cheddar Muffins
- Sourdough Wheat Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Dill Pickle Bread
- Pizza Crust II
- Garlic and Herb Bread
- Honey Bran Muffins
- Authentic Mexican Tortillas
- Bread Machine Challah I
- Plain and Simple Sourdough Bread
- Basic Fruit Bread Recipe
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins II
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins I
- Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Beer Rolls
- Russian Black Bread
- Pistachio Bread
- Herman Biscuits
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
- Raisin Bread III
- German Rye Bread
- Favorite Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
- Mocha Muffins
- Spiced Apple Muffins
- Ruby's Special Cornbread
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Golden Cake Batter Bread
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread
- Ezekiel Bread I
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread